Bermondsey beer mile HELL for residents — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bermondsey beer mile HELL for residents

Options
GSDjane
GSDjane Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Hi all hope your all good happy great evening 

Comments

• GSDjane
    Options
    i have had brain tumour removal,I was disabled prior to the start of this nightmare-agreed by many. 8yrs of hell since London Borough Southwark got on beer mile and money. Local residents no sleep, rest peace.  Was sent home to rest heal. Terrified my tumour will return, healing not happening, NO human Rights Disabilitie rights no democratic conversation RESIDENTS WOULD HAD said NO 6ft from where I am meant to sleep,rest,heal.  Many others also 😡
  • AndrewHall
    AndrewHall Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Options
    GSDjane said:
    i have had brain tumour removal,I was disabled prior to the start of this nightmare-agreed by many. 8yrs of hell since London Borough Southwark got on beer mile and money. Local residents no sleep, rest peace.  Was sent home to rest heal. Terrified my tumour will return, healing not happening, NO human Rights Disabilitie rights no democratic conversation RESIDENTS WOULD HAD said NO 6ft from where I am meant to sleep,rest,heal.  Many others also 😡
    I am sorry you are going through this. It is sad Southwark of nowadays has prioritise money over humanity. I would raise official complaints. 
    Never allow DWP assertions to define you. They never have evidence of your true circumstances.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @GSDjane and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that your current situation is causing you so much stress.

Have you spoken to any family or friends close by about how the beer mile is making you feel? It can't be easy to live with at all. 

It might be worth talking to your GP about your concerns around your brain tumour returning. Do you feel you're receiving enough support for managing that at the moment? 

As Andrew has suggested, you could look into raising a complaint, perhaps with your local MP or local authority, as it sounds as though you're not the only one who is negatively impacted by the beer mile.

I hope the situation can be resolved for you, but if you have anything else you feel we can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to ask this question and don't mean to offend but what is the beer mile sorry 😐 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to ask this question and don't mean to offend but what is the beer mile sorry 😐 
    Bermondsey Beer Mile is a loose amalgamation of brewery bars and bottle shops, located along a stretch of railway arch that's closer to two miles long nowadays.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh gosh wind Street  is noisy enough on Friday and Saturday night I can imagine how noisy it would be there 
  • GSDjane
    Options
    Thank you explaining it is a street with drinking arches uncontrolled no one stops what been going on 8 yrs feet from my bedroom . New to this thanks for reading 
  • GSDjane
    Options
    I had brain tumour removed 12 1/2 hr surgery sent home to heal sleep rest impossible council doing nil to help 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hey @GSDjane

I'm so sorry to hear about your current living experiences, I can imagine it feels like an additional stress living where you are, and obviously, that's not the intention of what a home should be. 

Have you managed to put in a complaint to your local council about the noise/disruption for residents living in the area? I also agree with @Alex_Scope and think it's a good idea to mention your situation to the GP, as they will be able to offer further advice and support. I know it's not ideal, but are you able to stay with any friends/family for a while and use it as a time to rest and recover? I understand that you want to be at home during this time, but it might be worthwhile exploring other options to help with the healing process, as this seems to be causing you some stress and worry, which is not ideal for you right now. 

I will also move your comment into our Housing, transport, and independent living category in the hope that others will share their experiences with you too.

If we can help at all, then please just let us know. Take care and we will speak to you soon.

Libby :) 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • AndrewHall
    AndrewHall Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Options
    I can only imagine having to cope with additional infamous troubles of Millwall fans. 
    Never allow DWP assertions to define you. They never have evidence of your true circumstances.
  • GSDjane
    Options
    It is much worse summer. Behaviour awful out of control 50+ drunks no sleep Thursday Friday Saturday.  I am so afraid my tumour will return, or healing will not work 😰so sorry for laying this on you all. Struggling after 12 1/2 hr brain surgery without my peace time to think 🤔 apologises thank you all 
  • GSDjane
    Options
    thank you for moving my posts in right place I know I have rights under rights I am disabled, after brain surgery I am deaf in left ear permanently and must be honest feel so shut off, I am desperate to sleep apologises all for being such scaredy-cat 😢but truly terrified tumour will return. I don’t think I can go through it again, psoriasis eczema is awful where so anxious. The council see as a weakness not that I am struggling with no sleep 😴 thank you all
  • GSDjane
    Options
    Been to MP been everywhere. No cares anymore. Just treated like dirt. Because my mental health and disabilities ignored got gps letter, Phychoatrist explaining detrimental to health health, making heal recovery not happening due to lack peace rest sleep . They council Southwark earning fortunes and all Southwark care about,licensing money not me and brain tumour healing.  I am fighting hard not to become completely housebound carer & 78yr old mum live close.  Thank you all so very much so kind no one shows kindness caring now I feel I am being treated like rubbish. Sadly spend every day crying so sorry to all of you don’t want to make anyone else unhappy 🙏 
  • GSDjane
    Options
    sadly this has been going on 8yrs. Tumour appeared started growing around 7yrs ago …. It’s awful,my home not been safe for many years due to 8yrs out of control drunks,2 little girls on estate watching sex in rubbish bins drinkers, wee and sick over estate but these are our homes they are allowed by Southwark council to continue this behaviour. Call noise team wait 1 hour for call back 2.45am in morning .. making to much to stop it .. money more important than peoples lives ? 😞

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.