I've been awarded LCWRA. Will the process to be paid take long? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded LCWRA. Will the process to be paid take long?

Options
Eafs1985
Eafs1985 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
edited February 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I had an assessment for lcwa the very next day I got a letter in my journal saying in got lcwa which is brilliant I was told in about 7 days I will recieve another letter in my journal does anyone no if the process to be paid will take long now as been waiting a year thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should get the LCWRA element included in your next payment.

Any arrears due need to be calculated before you can be paid. The arrears payment will come separately. Leave it a couple of weeks before chasing it.

Your old UC statements will be overwritten with new ones so you may wish to take copies of the old ones now.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Eafs1985 thanks for your post, I've just moved it over into our Universal Credit category so it's easier to find.

Is there anything you're still unsure of, or has calcotti helped reassure you?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Eafs1985
    Options
    No everything is sorted thank you had debt so it's in the hands of debt management I have managed to get some money back but not a lot but it's better than nothing
  • Eafs1985
    Options
    And I will get this payment next week sometime

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.