If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

What happens after awarded LCWRA

Options
Tazza
Tazza Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hi all,
I'm new here, I'm not sure If this question has already been asked . 

I had my ESA work capability assessment on the 26/01/22. 
On the 2nd of Feb '22', I was asked to sign into my UC journal, there was an update of my assement and link to follow which was a letter explaining, Following your work Capability/Assessment we have decided that you have limited capability for work and work related activity. 

Exactly on the same day of my Assement I received a letter from ESA, I'm guessing that the letter is automatically generated. 
 The letter said "my claim will change from the 11/04/2022 because I will have reached my maximum 365 days of contribution - based employment and support allowance.

But now its left me wondering all sorts. 
1,will ESA stop completely from the date I was awarded LCWRA?
2, Will I continue to receive ESA until 11th of April along side my UC benefits?
3, If ESA does stop to either or,  how are benefits worked out and whats the amount?

Thank you in advance for any answers replied .. 😊 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,272 Championing
    Options
    As you were found to have LCWRA then this means you'll be placed into the Support Group for ESA and your payments will increase from the 14th week of your claim (£114.10 per week). You may need to contact ESA to tell them this because it may not automatically be done. When in the Support Group your ESA continues to be paid for as long as you remain in that group.
    For your UC you will be entitled to the LCWRA element from the 4th assessment period starting from when you first reported your health condition.
    Your ESA will continue to be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tazza
    Options
    As you were found to have LCWRA then this means you'll be placed into the Support Group for ESA and your payments will increase from the 14th week of your claim (£114.10 per week). You may need to contact ESA to tell them this because it may not automatically be done. When in the Support Group your ESA continues to be paid for as long as you remain in that group.
    For your UC you will be entitled to the LCWRA element from the 4th assessment period starting from when you first reported your health condition.
    Thank you for reply. 
    So I will continue to receive ESA and UC with ESA deducting accordingly.

By reporting my health condition does that mean from the very 1st fit-note I sent through.  
    So if my fit-note  started 20/06/21, 
    I'll be backdated from 20/ 10/21 or..
    Also what is the UC element? Its handy to know keeps me on track with household budgeting.

Thanks again x
  • Tazza
    Options
    Tazza said:
    Thank you for reply. 
    So I will continue to receive ESA and UC with UC deducting accordingly. (meant)

By reporting my health condition does that mean from the very 1st fit-note I sent through.  
    So if my fit-note  started 20/06/21, 
    I'll be backdated from 20/ 10/21 or..
    Also what is the UC element? Its handy to know keeps me on track with household budgeting.

Thanks again x

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Tazza said:
     Also what is the UC element? 
    The LCWRA element is worth £343.63/month.

The arrival of the ESA letter and the LCWRA decision are a coincidence. Given the LCWRA decision the ESA letter is now incorrect.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tazza
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Tazza said:
     Also what is the UC element? 
    The LCWRA element is worth £343.63/month.

The arrival of the ESA letter and the LCWRA decision are a coincidence. Given the LCWRA decision the ESA letter is now incorrect.
    Thank you 😊 
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.