If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Dylightful!

Options
Dylightful
Dylightful Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
It’s now almost 3 in the morning and still I can’t sleep….. my mind once more is working overtime, I feel so anxious. Has anyone any advice about appealing against a PIP decision - it took me weeks to fill the form, I suffer with anxiety and depression, the telephone interview stressed me so much and upset me for days, I came out with Shingles and still in pain. I don’t think I can face an appeal but feel that the decision was unfair. Can anyone advice me please? Thanking you in advance. Diane

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,287 Championing
    Options
    Hi,
    The first step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    When you filled out the form if you didn't add a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you then you should do that for the MR. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    You can also get some expert advice to check that you can score enough points needed for an award. Thinking the decision was unfair, will not get you a PIP award. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Empowering
    Options
    Hi @Dylightful

Thank you for your comment- it sounds as though you've been having a really tough time. I'm sorry to hear that the PIP application process has heightened your depression and anxiety - have you mentioned this to your GP at all? If you haven't, I think this could be really helpful as they might be able to provide some additional professional support and offer different mental health management techniques.

I've listed a few resources below with regards to mental health and the mandatory reconsideration process, that I hope will be helpful for you moving forward:
    I will also move your comment into our PIP/DLA/AA category, so others can see your post and hopefully share their experiences too.

Please keep us updated on the appeal process (if you decide to go down that route) and remember, to look after yourself during this time :)

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.