Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Excempt supported accomadation

Options
Sharon45
Sharon45 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone I'm a newbie, hope everyone is well. My issue is to do with supported accomadation and the information that they can just put in your paperwork to maintain getting the extra money for there none support they give. I have many issues with reliance and apex lettings I have been neglected iv got in my risk assessment paperwork that I am suicidal as to which I strongly disagree with im trying to get advice or help from someone somewhere to help me solve this issue that has gone on for over 2 years now. Iv been to birmingham city council private tenancy team I have lodged complaints to the housing ombudsman, adult social services, shelter, sifa, also probno solicitors and many others and I'm still getting nowhere. Could anyone help me. I have issues with my health im epileptic and have a cavenoma. Please if anyone can suggest a solicitor or anything to help with my issue I would be greatful 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,471 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Sharon45 and welcome to the community.

First of all make a Subject Access Request (SAR) for any information they are holding about you, and particulary any medical information.

Make it clear you want to know what medical information they have, how they use this, who they share it with and where they got this information from.

Any information which is inaccurate or wrong you can request that they either amend it or remove it and confirm with you when this has been done.

If they refuse then contact the Information Commisioner's Office (ICO) to see if you can lodge a formal complaint. 

I believe they have about a month to respond to a SAR request. 

Hope this helps.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.