PIP One year on — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP One year on

Options
yoohyeoniee
yoohyeoniee Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
It is one year to the day i started my PIP claim. Having got standard rate daily living for Depression Anxiety Suspected ADHD, Autism, Psychosis and BPD after my initial assessment. With the help of the CAB I put in a MR for this decision. I received the same amount of points after the MR. I then requested an appeal, today I received a phone call from the DWP asking me for some more information. After speaking to me for about 15 minutes they changed my award from Standard Daily living to Enhanced Daily living and Enhanced mobility due to the psychological toll it takes to leave the house. My award has also been extended by a year. My message to anyone going through this gruelling process is to not give up. This journey has been horrible for my mental health but for this to finally be over and to have a very good award without having to go to tribunal is amazing. If you need any help please reach out to the CAB they have helped me and without them i would have given up. Thank you to everyone in this community for the help you have given me along the way.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.