Help/advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


Taps16 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi im hoping this is ok to ask. I live in a housing association ground floor flat. Did a mutual exchange 3 years ago. My gas meter is pre paid and where it is postioned i have to get a member of my family to check balance and top up. I have tried to get smart meteres and have been told i cant have them due to where the meter is ( on the ground inside a cupboard right at the back. I contacted my housing association who have told me there is nothing they can do as the meter is not their propery and my gas company wont touch it as it is a housing association propery. i have contacted the National Grid who has advised that it can be done but will cost me £3000 plus and they will only move the meter and cap it i will then have to pay out to reinstall the gas. This problem is making me so stressed


  • Vidarsbane
    Vidarsbane Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    I'd suggest contacting your local council's Occupational Therapy team who will come out and do an assessment, recommending any changes they can make that would be suitable for you. You could also try your local MP as they can be of help
  • wendy41
    wendy41 Community member Posts: 224 Pioneering
    Sorry you are going through this Taps16. One bouncing you off the other and so forth. One not accepting the responsibility and sending you back and forth absolutely appalling. Vidarsbane suggestion sounds great. Hope you succeed in getting it sorted. keep us posted. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.