Not so good my new sling got use just for me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not so good my new sling got use just for me

Options
Ashvinney
Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
I was so  embarrassed that I had a full tonight due to my arthritis in both knees and hip , the carers came in  with my new sling that helps me get off the floor , the thing that I didn't like was that  one  had be  been  measure  just for me due to me  putting some weight on,  i was so in embarrassed  when they come to get me of the floor , hurts so much getting up ,  I   wish that I could walk and not being in this  situation which getting me down and making me feel low, but there's nothing I can do to fix it , as I'm too far gone for knee surgery and hip surgery because my bones are deformed in my hip and both knees 😢
Ajones 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,254 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ashvinney sorry you had a fall,  it's best to get the sling that suitable for you so you can safely be transfered.  It's a shame they can't do anything for your hips and knees. Try not to be embarrassed as these things happen.
  • Ashvinney
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Thanks for your reply,  it's making me fell useless , I know they have to have the right equipment to keep you safe but getting me down 
    Ajones 
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    I am ok thank you just very sore from the fall we'll try sleep 
    Ajones 
  • wendy41
    wendy41 Community member Posts: 227 Pioneering
    Options
    Ashvinney said:
    I was so  embarrassed that I had a full tonight due to my arthritis in both knees and hip , the carers came in  with my new sling that helps me get off the floor , the thing that I didn't like was that  one  had be  been  measure  just for me due to me  putting some weight on,  i was so in embarrassed  when they come to get me of the floor , hurts so much getting up ,  I   wish that I could walk and not being in this  situation which getting me down and making me feel low, but there's nothing I can do to fix it , as I'm too far gone for knee surgery and hip surgery because my bones are deformed in my hip and both knees 😢
    Sorry to hear you had a fall, Ashvinney; I know what that can be like and it's frightening. You say you are embarrassed due to having put weight on. Well with having arthritis in both knees and hips explains the weight gain. Exercise can hurt. So do what is WITHIN your control. Carers are there to help you and I'm sure will understand otherwise there would be no need for carers. They are not there to judge you and anyone that does you should make a complaint about. I was 10stone and dropped to 9st and now I'm back to 10stone again. Weight gain can be caused through medications too. Try not to worry too much about this, Ashvinney. Hope your feeling better soon. 
  • Ashvinney
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi thanks for reply fall down again to.day legs are very sore, the careers have me in a wheelchair to  use the bathroom to stop  putting pressure on my leg ,cause  both my knee the very swollen now and hip the physiotherapist has put me on a normal walking frame which is basically caused  the swelling , because I'm pushing down full weight of my body onto the Walker , and onto my knees and hips my OT as put in a referral to get me a wheelchair assessment not sure when that would be. 
    Ajones 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey @Ashvinney,

I'm sorry to hear that you've fallen again today, it sounds as if you've now got a good solid plan moving forward with the wheel chair assessment. How do you feel about this? Hopefully this will minimise the falls that you're experiencing, as I can imagine it's not nice to go through.
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Ashvinney
    edited February 2022
    Options
    It's Not Good had a fall teatime my care manager,   is going to get my ot to push it though to  get  me seen    Sooner,  in the mean time they  have a chair and equipment to get me off the floor  thanks for your replys I don't fell so alone and useless I well let u guys know once my ot get me my appointment 
    Ajones 
  • Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya @Ashvinney,
    I’m so sorry to hear about your recent falls & how it’s been affecting your mental health, too. Please know that you could never be useless, you just need a little extra help & that’s okay.

I’m so glad you have lots of support in place with the carers & I really do hope you can get an appointment soon. You deserve better and I’ll wait for an update. Most importantly, though: how are you feeling this morning? <3
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Felling very low this morning just fell if I was not here no pain and not being a burden to the carers
    Ajones 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk @Ashvinney :) Please do keep an eye out for it. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so low at the moment, but please know that you're not a burden at all. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.