Can you appeal a parking ticket on disability grounds? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you appeal a parking ticket on disability grounds?

Options
Androgen
Androgen Community member Posts: 86 Courageous
I have EDS and my joints dislocate easily, I have a blue badge and a motability car.

While driving home last week I dislocated my hip and needed to find somewhere to pull over to relocate it and allow my partner to swap and drive since I didn't feel fit to drive, the only place that was safe to pull over was a car park that turned out to be private (they did have a sign, but we didn't see it on the way in and weren't planning to stay) it took about 20 minutes for us to get sorted and leave, but we got a £120 parking charge in the mail today, is it possible to appeal a charge on the grounds that you wouldn't have gotten the charge if you weren't disabled? We can't really afford to pay the charge but will have to try and borrow money if it's not grounds for appeal.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.