I was meant to have a phone appointment, but nobody rang. What happens now? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was meant to have a phone appointment, but nobody rang. What happens now?

Options
Georgia63
Georgia63 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited March 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all sorry not very good at this I'm a bit confused. I applied for UC  7th Sept 2021. I sent a fit note in from 7th Sept until 24th Jan. Then I sent another one for 25th Jan to 25th April. I sent them the U50 form back on 13th Jan. On 26th February I got a message in my journal to say I have been put in not fit for work category. I didn't go for a health assessment. I was meant to have a phone appointment today I waited and nobody rang me. So I logged in to UC and it said I attended my appointment. There's nothing else written on my journal. So not sure what's happening do they just leave you alone. I know I get extra money for being ill. I am due a payment o 13th but it's the usual payment. When will I start to get the sickness payment and will they back date it. Confused. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What exactly was the decision? You will only receive extra money per month if you were found to have Limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA) If it was this then your waiting period is Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec... LCWRA payable from assessment period 7th Dec - 6th Jan with payment on 13th Jan.  so i would have expected you to recieve the extra payment this month.
    If the decision was Limited capability for work (LCW) then there's no extra money each month.
    There's also no extra money if you're claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Georgia63
    Options
    Hello I was awarded LCWRA on 26th February it was a message on my journal. I didn't even go for a health assessment. I can't understand why my work coach said I attended my phone appointment today when he didn't even phone me. I checked my payment for the 13th of this month and it is the same money I usually get. I'm single not claiming with anyone else. Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sounds like they just didn't add it to your payment this time but they should have. You won't need to attend any further appointments at all because you've been found to have LCWRA.
    That means they owe you money from Jan,Feb and now March. Put a note on your journal under the payment section and ask why the LCWRA hasn't been added to your statement this month.
    Backdated money is usually received as a seperate payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Georgia63
    Options
    Thank you for your help 
  • Middleton
    Middleton Community member Posts: 137 Courageous
    Options
    Sounds like they just didn't add it to your payment this time but they should have. You won't need to attend any further appointments at all because you've been found to have LCWRA.
    That means they owe you money from Jan,Feb and now March. Put a note on your journal under the payment section and ask why the LCWRA hasn't been added to your statement this month.
    Backdated money is usually received as a seperate payment.
    When you receive LCWRA(Which i do) is that the same as with PIP, where they can ,as and when, choose to interview you again as a Award review?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, not quite. PIP awards have an end date. LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. Although they can reassess you anytime from 3 months. I would say with the backlogs being so large right now, it's very unlikely for this to happen.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.