Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

No support from any authorities

Options
HayzB4
HayzB4 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hello my name is Hayleigh I was diagnosed 5/6 years ago with heart lung and brain disease 10 years ago I was in a coma for 6 weeks malignant neuroleptic syndrome CADISIL? Non epileptic attack disorder I’ve had strokes MS and many other things I have not had any appointments any check ups no scans no tests nothing! What can I do? I’ve been told it’s incurable and I’m left alone with no support from anyone this is not right is it? I’d love to hear from anyone who has been through the same or similar things thanks x

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @HayzB4 :) 

Thanks for making a post about this, as I'm sure it's not too easy to speak about. I'm really sorry to hear that you've been left without any support, despite all that you've been through. That sounds really tough. 

This isn't something I've personally been through, so I can't offer any support in that sense. I hope that another member who's been through something similar will see your post and reach out to you. 

If you could create a 'wish list', what kind of support would you like to receive? For example, would you like more help to manage your pain, or more support at home? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @HayzB4 welcome to this great group.
    I'm sorry i do not have any answers for you, i just didn't want you to think we hadn't noticed you.
    I think Tori's idea of making a wish list is great and if you are willing to post it on here i am sure it would create a lot of response and may answers for you. Good luck and i look forward to seeing you around.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.