Hi, my name is Taliaferro! Our 3 year old daughter's been diagnosed with non-dystrophic myotonia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Taliaferro! Our 3 year old daughter's been diagnosed with non-dystrophic myotonia

Options
Taliaferro
Taliaferro Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I am here because our three year old daughter was recently diagnosed with non-dystrophic myotonia, a rare neuromuscular disorder which is often mild. She however has had a lot of painful muscle cramps and falls, and has trouble walking and with stairs. For the last year, cramps have kept her from sleeping through the night. We are yet to navigate support. I look forward to learning from this community!

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @Taliaferro and thank you for joining the community today :)

Thanks also for sharing a bit about yourself and your daughter, and I hope the community can help support you. You're more than welcome to browse the forum using our categories page, but I'd encourage you to visit our Children, Parents and Families category to chat with other who might be going through something similar.

I'm not sure if you've been able to have a look a Scope's family support services at all? Navigate helps provide emotional support for parents, there's also Parents Connect

Sleep Right may also be able to help if you are based in either London, Leeds, Northamptonshire or Peterborough.

If we can help further please do say, but in the meantime I hope you enjoy having a look around :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.