Happy days — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Happy days

Options
Ashvinney
Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
Hi guys finally got a date for my bathroom and the widening of The doors and painting the  place after they've done the work so  it  starts on the 13th of May so I'll be going into respite for a couple of weeks while it's done hopefully it won't take too long to be done   there's been a few setbacks but that's been sorted out but now it's all go and I'll get to see what it looks like soon I thought I'd update you guys and let you know what's been going on
Ajones 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's so great to hear @Ashvinney as I know it's been a bit of a battle for you!

Please do keep us up to date with everything, I'm sure having these adaptions will make being at home so much easier day to day :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ah thats really happy news to share with us @Ashvinney enjoy your resbite as well - you will be so excited x
  • Ashvinney
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi not been on for a bit still in the respite waiting on the  council to start the work absolutely fuming but today the contractor should be coming out and allocating it to the contract people so it should start next week fingers crossed I've spent weeks in this respite  I've just about had enough of the council my OT is coming to , to find out a definite starting date because she's not very happy in the way that they haven't   done any  of the work yet it's been all payed  for i.got a grant for the upgrades the OT sorted that out , so guys I should know more today how's everyone what nice wether we are having

Ajones 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    That's sad to hear @Ashvinney every think seamed to be going well at the begging as well.
    Glad you got some one on the case now, hopefully things will get moving soon. 
    Fingers crossed for you.
  • Ashvinney
    edited May 2022
    Options
    update not impressed with  what happened yesterday guy that comes out and give to the contractors the stuff that needs  doing as now told my occupational therapist there's no one in the council of contractors that can do it cos they're totally backlogged  and they well  have to go private to get contractors which could take him some time to find some contractors so until this is sorted I'm stuck in this respite I can't even go back into my own flat so it's really getting me down now I don't understand what the big thing is about it just get on with it they gave us the 13th of May and now they changed it so I thought I'd just let you guys know what was going on
    Ajones 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds really frustrating @Ashvinney, thank you for the update, hopefully they can find a private contractor  sooner than they think.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    So sorry to hear this @Ashvinney hopefully get sorted soon but i can understand how frustrating this is.
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Hi guys been given the 1th of July for work starting that’s not so bad but it still means I have 5 weeks in this flat till I can go home to mine 
    Ajones 
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Yes it we’ll be more better 
    Ajones 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Ahh thats good to hear @Ashvinney sounds like things are moving again x
  • Ashvinney
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Can't wait to have new bathroom and widen doors , it make a big difference 😁 my OT as gone above and beyond to get this sorted she wanted this mouth but to much to sort but not long 3 weeks . just getting down being in this flat I don't like it , here 
    Ajones 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news about the work starting @Ashvinney :) 

Is there anything in particular that you dislike about the flat you're currently staying in?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ashvinney
    edited June 2022
    Options
    The hole thing not enough room for my  scooter can’t wait to see it done I have a guy from the Cancel coming in to show me samples of what colour I want the bathroom excited about that it’ll be good to see what colours I’ve got
    Ajones 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ashvinney said:
    The hole thing not enough room for my  scooter can’t wait to see it done I have a guy from the Cancel coming in to show me samples of what colour I want the bathroom excited about that it’ll be good to see what colours I’ve got
    That sounds nice, you'll have to let us know what colour you go for :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Get closer to moving back home now @Ashvinney
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Hi guys work start in 2weeks I have picked the colour's I want for the bathroom, can wait to get back to my own flat , it be about 18th July before I get home but it be all done 
    Ajones 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Good news @Ashvinney i bet you can't wait x
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Yes it’s been long couple of weeks but I soon be home 
    Ajones 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's really positive that you will soon be home @Ashvinney. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    hi 👋 guys my work start on flat today . Can’t wait to get out this rest bite be the 15th or 16 of July I go home every thing should been done but I have to wait till the 28th for new Toilet the rest well be done it’s been long time coming so hopefully it go quick 😀😀😀
    Ajones 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.