Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Received my pip assessment report

Options
bexter73
bexter73 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
edited May 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I asked for a copy of the report as I was a bit worried that the phone assessment was very short (18 mins). I needn’t of worried, the report was great, very detailed and exactly what I’d of expected it to say. 

Fingers crossed that dwp go with the assessor. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great to hear @bexter73 :) Fingers crossed! Let us know how you get on.

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• danho811
    danho811 Community member Posts: 58 Connected
    Options
    Any updates yet have you heard if you have been awarded x
  • bexter73
    Options
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 485 Pioneering
    Options
    Morning @bexter73
    Hoping you get the result you want.  Keep us posted !
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • danho811
    Options
    I have just rang help line spoke to a lovely man said it looks like from my report and hp reccomdations that I will be awarded and to give them a call back tomorrow to see if descsion has been made he also said it's usually two weeks for a descsion I would give them a call and see what they say for you I'm a bit excited x

• bexter73
    Options
    I’ve been awarded! Phew the relief! 
  • danho811
    Options
    bexter73 said:
    I’ve been awarded! Phew the relief! 
    Well done when did you find out I am hoping I get my result later today or tomorrow x
  • Sue_Alumni
    Options
    Yay !  :) You can breathe now !
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • bexter73
    Options
    I found out today @danho811 rang the automated line and it told me my pip amount. Hung on to speak to an advisor who confirmed the rest. Best of luck!! 
  • Sue_Alumni
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you @danho811
    Online Community Adviser

• danho811
    Options
    I don't think I can hang on till tomorrow lol gonna ring later this afternoon see what it's saying he said they usually go with hp reccomdations so fingers crossed I hear today well done I am so pleased for you x
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    danho811 said:
    I have just rang help line spoke to a lovely man said it looks like from my report and hp reccomdations that I will be awarded and to give them a call back tomorrow to see if descsion has been made he also said it's usually two weeks for a descsion I would give them a call and see what they say for you I'm a bit excited x

Can I just point out a few things. 

1. You were speaking to a call centre advisor, who has no authority or power to say looking at your report and recommendations you are likely to be awarded. 

2. That is the responsibility of a decision maker only. 

3. He can also not guarantee ringing back tomorrow will get you that decision. 

4. Decisions do not take 2 weeks, yes in some cases they can, it ranges from 2 to 12 weeks. 
  • MarkM88
    Options
    danho811 said:
    I don't think I can hang on till tomorrow lol gonna ring later this afternoon see what it's saying he said they usually go with hp reccomdations so fingers crossed I hear today well done I am so pleased for you x
    More often they do, however not always and it’s not guaranteed. 

Even if a decision is made today, they won’t be able to access the decision document as it takes 24 hours to be able to do so. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    danho811 said:

I'm not sure how they could tell that because any recommendations in the report for points are not added. The person you spoke to would have needed to compare the report with the PIP descriptors. These call handlers really annoy me when they do this because it seems like they are telling you what you want to hear.
    Timescales for a decision are up to 12 weeks, rather than the 2 weeks you were told. Pointless ringing them back today because they won't be able to see any decision yet, if it is made later.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danho811
    Options
    He said from hp report that it looks like I am going to be awarded so something must be on there for him to say this in first place he didn't say that he had added points up he just said from hp reccomdations it looks as if I am going to be awarded something he said I should get a letter in next couple if weeks so maybe I have be awarded already but as you say not in their system as if yet 
  • MarkM88
    Options
    danho811 said:
    He said from hp report that it looks like I am going to be awarded so something must be on there for him to say this in first place he didn't say that he had added points up he just said from hp reccomdations it looks as if I am going to be awarded something he said I should get a letter in next couple if weeks so maybe I have be awarded already but as you say not in their system as if yet 
    The point we are trying to make is that he can’t say that. It’s for a decision maker to take on board those recommendations alongside anything else and make a decision. 

You would be advised to ignore what the call centre advisor has told you. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing what's happened, and do keep us up to date with how things go @danho811, we wish you all the best for a positive outcome :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • inkedmama
    inkedmama Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    danho811 said:
    Have you heard back yet?
  • Catherine712
    Catherine712 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Hello, I had my first telephone assessment interview this morning and it was short as well maybe half an hour at the most, the lady was very kind and said I had been very clear and concise about my health problems and that’s what they wanted. So I will just have to wait now and see what happens. 
  • danho811
    Options
    inkedmama said:
    danho811 said:
    Have you heard back yet?
    Hi yes I was awarded on the 26 may it took just over 3 weeks for a descsion hope that helps x

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.