Time for assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Time for assessment

Options
Seeking123
Seeking123 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me how long it's taken to get a WC assessment done? I applied in Jan and both doctor/my paperwork got to them by the end of Feb. Despite ringing they keep saying I'm in the queue and should hear soon for a face-to-face. Just wondered what the average time is? Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no timescales as such but there's backlogs in a lot of areas so you could be waiting several months. Most people have assessments which are either face to face, telephone or video call. Once an appointment becomes available you will be contacted by the health assessment providers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Seeking123
    Options
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully you get the assessment soon @Seeking123 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Seeking123
    Options
    @Ross_Scope fingers crossed. I just wondered if this was normal really. Sounds like it is 🙂 but thank you x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, perfectly normal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Seeking123
    Options
    Just wanted to let others know that i've been waiting 6 months for my assessment and after speaking to them today they said i'm still in the queue and this is perfectly normal. Thanks everyone x
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Going back a few years now but it took them 7 months to send me a UC50 form and then 5 months after I sent the form I had my first of two assessments. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.