Hi, my name is Durry743! how do I get help with energy bills — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Durry743! how do I get help with energy bills

Options
Durry743
Durry743 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2022 in Start here and say hello!
I’m a disabled veteran, how do I get help with energy bills

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The warm home discount is the first option when it opens later in the year. Criteria this year will be different to previous years. See link. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/warm-homes-discount
    The Government are announcing more help for everyone later today but this is likely for later in the year.
    There's also the Council rebate of £150 if you're named on a council tax bill and your home is in band A to D. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/get-help-paying-your-bills/grants-and-benefits-to-help-you-pay-your-energy-bills/
    The winter fuel payment if you're above a certain age, you can see all these in the link above.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Durry743

Welcome to the community :) 

Energy is a massive concern for so many of us at the oment, and it's important to know what support is out there. I hope the above has been helpful, I also wanted to draw your attention to Scope's energy support service which you can find details for here. They will be able to provide you with advice about your bills and talk through any issues you're having

I hope to see you getting involved more around the community. This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m hopeful that you’ll find it to be a positive outlet. Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 A few notable pages I’d recommend visiting would be:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.