Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Capita Unable to record my tel-asses

Options
Jamescasali
Jamescasali Community member Posts: 86 Connected
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my letter through to say ill be having my pip assessment on the phone with  11 days notice , as id like it to be recorded, i rang to get that arranged, only to be told ,  if you want that , you'll have to cancel this appt and await another, despite  it being in the glossy brochure that came with the letter, so im very unlikely to be doing that, so i asked if i could record it, the chap said yes, but only as long as the HP agrees to it, right.... definitely not making it easy for the customer, and when  asked , if i recorded it anyway? no you cant do that DPA... again utter tosh, so again with page 12 it says with video assessments, Capita cant record  it , and  I am not permitted to record it.

Good old Capita eh....

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,991 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know in face to face appointments they'd say you'd need to rearrange so they can ensure equipment and check the assessor is happy to be recorded but it does feel like having to jump through hoops to get something that they advertise. 
    There is an argument about the merits of recording which are worth you exploring, especially if you've been waiting a while and considering delaying it further. 
  • Jamescasali
    Options
    I had the txt to say they'd got my form on 8th April, and now have a tel-int on the 8th June, so i count myself fortunate i haven't been waiting 6 months+ , However, the leaflet with all this info on it , has a code on the rear suggesting it was printed 09/21, obviously i cant be sure of that , now the guy who i talked too, basically said , er yeah erm , well we are in the process of recruiting more assessors,  etc etc etc excuse excuse, now i appreciate covid/delays/sickness blah blah blah, , BUT  it isn't good enough, like many things  in UK at the moment, whether this is old news or new, the online version of it , is on capita pip  co.uk
    And they wonder why they get less than positive reviews....

Footnote, in the last 9 months bearing in mind this is 2021/22 i've  done battle with my gp surgery and the job centre , regarding recording consults and appts on my phone, geezzz, the JC  if you ask just say NO , so you need to dig around online for the official guidance and present them with it, then its a change of tune quicker than my  radio station .
    My gp surgery said , ohhh erm , well they'll have to be a chaperone in the consult with you as you record, so once id quickly pointed out that tying up receptionists and nurses time,, wasn't perhaps the best way forward with them being so busy and all, they  back tracked quicker than Boris does.

There I think that's enough of a rant for this subject, kyr-and exercise them, and a happy Jubilee weekend to you all .
  • Jamescasali
    Options
    I wasn't aware I needed a particular reason ?
  • Jamescasali
    Options
    I suppose Capia are wasting there own time effort and money putting the option into there literature then, as per the 1st 4 lines of my original post..., and here's a reason if you really want one, i just wanted to have a record of how my   situation affects my daily living as of that day/month/year which to me has great value and is not irrelevant at all

Thank you

Ill add onto all my posts  from now on Imo
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,114 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've never understood why some people choose to record their assessments. I always find it much better to concentrate on filling out the forms and giving a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time that activity was attempted.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jamescasali
    Options
    I've never understood why some people choose to record their assessments. I always find it much better to concentrate on filling out the forms and giving a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time that activity was attempted.

So, I did concentrate filling out the forms in April, when the letter came through for the telephone asses Ist June ,  it gave the option of having it recorded, so  i decided to take them up on that, as Ive already explained.......

• Jamescasali
    Options
    Assessment providers have come under pressure to provide these options as there has been some demand for them. In practical terms a recording has limited use though. Your case for benefit depends on the strength of your own evidence and not the weakness in theirs. So, using a recording to, for example, rip apart a HCP report is all well and good but doesn’t actually get you PIP if your own evidence is weak or misdirected. 

Okay, so not directly relevant to the claim but of relevance to you personally. I get that. 

If it’s solely for personal use you don’t actually need their permission at all.

Nothing to do with coming under pressure because of demand , its your Right as a client, if you so wish it...

And why would i bother to record it when they are offering to do it for me..?

Thank you 

• Biblioklept
    Options
    @Jamescasali you don't need a reason to want to, just wanting to is enough and since thye give the option they should make it easier to take up. It makes no sense to say you can have it recorded and make it sound easy but then have what seems like so many barriers stopping you from doing so. It feels like a fake offer.
    I've been lucky I have only had paper assessments in recent years but if I had an assessment my memory can be so bad I'd like it recorded so I can remember what was asked and said <3 
  • Jamescasali
    Options
    @Jamescasali you don't need a reason to want to, just wanting to is enough and since they give the option they should make it easier to take up. It makes no sense to say you can have it recorded and make it sound easy but then have what seems like so many barriers stopping you from doing so. It feels like a fake offer.
    I've been lucky I have only had paper assessments in recent years but if I had an assessment my memory can be so bad I'd like it recorded so I can remember what was asked and said <3 
    The voice  of reason , I agree completely that's why i asked, the reasons given were they didn't have enough people, or enough trained people to do the recording, and i could cancel my tel appt and wait till they had someone, , as i said , yeah like that's gonna happen, i believe its a genuine offer  just poorly carried out, and again i agree with your last sentence  100% but heh guess we are all different, different we maybe , stupid we are not, kyr and exercise them
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    <3 good luck and hope it all goes well for you
  • Jamescasali
    Options
    Well no offence, but ill trust those people,  they are the experts and confirmed what i already knew , re the legality of recording and it being my right and useful in providing evidence

One of the reasons compulsory recording is not progressing as planned is they’ve still not solved the consent issue. The turnover of HCPs is already accelerating. Insisting they give consent to everything they do being recorded is a significant incentive for that to accelerate to crisis point.

While the above may be true , its  of no relevance

Comments are now  closed

Thank you
  • poppy123456
    Options
     and useful in providing evidence

A recording of an assessment isn't going to get anyone a PIP award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I really enjoyed the links @Jamescasali thanks for sharing them interesting reads! <3 What's your plan with your assessment now are you still holding for it to be recorded? 
  • Jamescasali
    Options
    I really enjoyed the links @Jamescasali thanks for sharing them interesting reads! <3 What's your plan with your assessment now are you still holding for it to be recorded? 
    Thanks Bib, glad you approve some useful info in them I thought for users of this site, everyone has an opinion that's what forums are for, Im not here to argue the might be/maybe/could be, just to share my experience of Pip and swop info, I've had my assessment, didn't bother with recording it  , will try and get a copy of it asap, then well see what the outcome is :) .

I like facts, not opinions..
  • poppy123456
    Options

I like facts, not opinions..

The information i've given here is fact, not an opinion.
  • Jamescasali
    Options
     and useful in providing evidence

A recording of an assessment isn't going to get anyone a PIP award.
    For the third and final time, that's not the reason for  recording geez.. let it go
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Let me know how you get on when you get a copy @Jamescasali it would be good to hear an update 
  • Jamescasali
    Options
    Let me know how you get on when you get a copy @Jamescasali it would be good to hear an update 

Assessment 8th June, phoned yesterday, a copy of it is in the post 2me  as of yesterday

Will do yes 

• Jamescasali
    Options
    Note from online community team: 

Hello everyone, 

We want this discussion to continue, but we’re concerned that things are becoming quite tense and could easily escalate. 

Please remember that all discussions on Scope’s online community should remain civil, supportive, and safe.  

We will continue to closely monitor this discussion, but if it escalates further, we may choose to pause, close, or even hide the discussion. 

For more information, please read our online community house rules. 

Hi, Online community team,
    Nothing tense here, and tried to  de-escalate  it/end the thread, but heh, certainly always  civil and polite, monitor all you like, id never complain to the mods,
    Thank you

Have a good day  :)  <3:   :)

This discussion has been closed.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.