Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

£150 extra cost of living payment for being on pip

Options
daveyyyyyyyyyyyy
daveyyyyyyyyyyyy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited September 2022 in Cost of living
Hi everybody I'm aware that thr £650 will be paid in two payments one in July and the other half in August but does anybody know when the extra £150 for being in pip will be paid 

Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,115 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For the £650 payment you need to be claiming certain means tested benefits on 25th May.Whether you're entitled to it will totally depend what benefits you claim exactly.  The first payment of £326 will be made in July. The 2nd payment of £324 will be paid sometime in the Autumn, not in August.
    The £150 payment for the PIP will be made in Septemeber.
    Full details of all payments here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • daveyyyyyyyyyyyy
    daveyyyyyyyyyyyy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for the information I currently get income based ESA and personal independence payment 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,115 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Then the payment advice for the £650 is correct. They haven’t announced yet when in the Autumn the £324 will be paid. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • benjiboy
    benjiboy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi all
    I won my tribunal last month back dated to Jan 2021, revived my back pay last week. As it was awarded back to Jan 21 do I qualify for the £150? I wasn’t getting payment in may 22 but surely the back dated award means I should have been receiving it in may 22.  
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    benjiboy said:
    I won my tribunal last month back dated to Jan 2021, revived my back pay last week. As it was awarded back to Jan 21 do I qualify for the £150? I wasn’t getting payment in may 22 but surely the back dated award means I should have been receiving it in may 22.  
    Yes, you now qualify for the £150 disability payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.