Hi, my name is Lyon2Be! Two missed calls on a Sunday from DWP, why would they ring me on a Sunday? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lyon2Be! Two missed calls on a Sunday from DWP, why would they ring me on a Sunday?

Options
Lyon2Be
Lyon2Be Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone.... im new to all this and I was wondering if someone was out there to help me...

I applied for PIP beginning of April and everything went smoothly..... I recently has my Web cam assessment, which my mum attended with me because as well as my disability I have severe anxiety and talking to someone new just made my heart race, and I think that went ok as can be, they said the DWP/PIP team will be in touch but it can be up to 8 weeks which is fine...

But today on a Sunday I had 2 missed calls but like I said earlier with me being on my own my anxiety was playing up because I didn't know who was ringing me so I didn't answer, but then i did a google search on the number ans it was rhe DWP/PIP Team...

Can someone please tell me why they would ring me on a Sunday and should I get my my to phone then tomorrow after giving them all my details on data protection xxx

Just confused why they would ring today x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,690 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They do sometimes work weekends especially when backlogs are huge, like they are at the moment. They also sometimes ring if they have any further questions to ask.
    You can ring them tomorrow but as you'll be talking to someone from a call centre then they may not be able to give you any information why someone rang you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Lion2Be welcome to our great group.
    I hope you are well this morning.
    when you are ready have a like around the site to see how it works, any problems just ask.
    I am glad Poppy found you she is very much in the know with these kind of problems.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @Lyon2Be, it's nice to see you join us.

Will you be giving them a call some time this week to find out if they can tell you why you received a call yesterday?

Do you have any support in place to help you manage your anxiety? For example, is your GP aware of how your mental health impacts you?

This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m hopeful that you’ll find it to be a positive outlet. Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 I have included below a few of the pages I’d recommend having a look through to get used to things:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you find out why they were ringing @Lyon2Be?? This is one of my fears as I get lots of unknown numbers and business numbers call my phone and I can't answer it and as I'm waiting for PIP renewal it's worrying knowing they may call and I won't know or be able to talk to them. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.