Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is vishuan01! Still waiting for my pension credit since Feb 2022

Options
vishuan01
vishuan01 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Still waiting for be my Pension credit since
feb 2022

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hello @vishuan01 and welcome to the community, how are you?

This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m hopeful that you’ll find it to be a positive outlet. Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 I have included below a few of the pages I’d recommend having a look through to get used to things:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your pension credit, hopefully you receive it soon. I have moved your query over to our benefits and financial support category.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    Options
    vishuan01 said:
    feb 2022
    I believe there are very big backlogs for Pension Credit applications at the moment.

Have you tried ringing them?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,077 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've heard that claims are taking about 6 months. I'd advise you to ring them, if you can get through.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would encourage you to contact your MP to let them know. It's a complete shambles and many people simply cannot survive while they wait. 

If you are one of those desperate for the PC I think you may be able to request an advance payment (although I don't know how they can do this without coming to some conclusion about likely entitlement).
    https://www.gov.uk/short-term-benefit-advance
    You may be able to get an advance on your first benefit payment if you’re in urgent financial need.
    You usually pay it back through your benefits. You do not have to pay interest.
    You can ask for an advance if you’ve recently applied for:
    • Pension Credit
    You’ll be told when you’ll be paid and how much. You’ll usually be paid on the same day or the next working day. It’ll be paid into your bank or Post Office account.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • racyguy
    racyguy Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
    Options
    vishuan01 said:
    feb 2022
    Wow!!
    Ironically I cancelled our Pension Credit claim in February 2022 - it took effect within days and I lost one weeks payment which they used to set off against a debt I had with them.

It seems that they are quick to close a claim yet slow to award one.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,077 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    racyguy said:
    vishuan01 said:
    feb 2022

Closing a claim is always a lot easier than making an award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • racyguy
    racyguy Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
    Options
    racyguy said:
    vishuan01 said:
    feb 2022

Closing a claim is always a lot easier than making an award.
    But hearing that PC awards are taking up to 6 months to complete is ridiculous.
    Yet they take only a couple of days to close one and to calculate  any under or over payment involved.
    Surely they should be dealing with all post on a rolling basis in date order whether it is a new claim or an old one. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.