edited August 2022 in Benefits and income
Can anyone tell me how do I email DWP?

Comments

• AndrewHall
    AndrewHall Community member Posts: 297 Empowering
    Following 
  • barnettmiranda69
    barnettmiranda69 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Am I in communication with Andrew Hall?  Im new to this.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    Hi @barnettmiranda69. We can try our best! What email provider do you use? They work similarly but slightly differently  :)
  • barnettmiranda69
    yahoo
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,611 Championing
    Hello and welcome to the community @barnettmiranda69 :) How are you?

I don't believe there is currently a way to get in touch with the DWP via email for general enquiries. You could call them and request email communication as a reasonable adjustment? 

Do you much prefer email communication?

Feel free to have a look around the community and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 I have included below a few of the pages I’d recommend having a look through to get used to things:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

• barnettmiranda69
    Ive given up with this now. Ive had enough.  Wasted my time doing this
  • barnettmiranda69
    the reason I have requested an email address is because I cant get in touch by phone.  like i said earlier I give up.  
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,611 Championing
    edited August 2022
    Hi @barnettmiranda69

I see, thanks for replying and providing more details :)  I appreciate that it can be really frustrating, and the entire process should be made more accessible.

If it's something you'd be interested in, do you have any friends or loved ones who could call on your behalf and request email communication as a reasonable adjustment for you? I've known it to be permitted before as an alternative to somebody always being required to get in touch via phone.
  • AndrewHall
    AndrewHall Community member Posts: 297 Empowering
    Am I in communication with Andrew Hall?  Im new to this.

Try

dwpinverness.lmdmaappeals@dwp.gov.uk

Or

correspondence@dwp.gov.uk
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,387 Championing
    correspondence@dwp.gov.uk

It takes a long time to get to where you want and to get a response. Be sure to include what department of DWP you are trying to send to, your National Insurance number and other details to help them identify you and your claim