If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Uc. How long can it take for someone to get in touch about my backpay?

Options
fana82
fana82 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited August 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I applied lcwra in October 2021 and my 1st fit note was sent 21st September 2021 and then in February 2022 my partner moved in. I finally had assessment on the 8th of June 2022 and have been awarded lcwra but I was back dated for May 2022 June 2022 I've had no gaps in my fit notes from September 2021 till June 2022 I left a message on my journal and asked they said as my new assessment period is from Feb as my partner moved in I got back dated 2 months. But on they system they can see first sick note was given in September 2021 and someone will get on touch but no1 has as of yet. Any advice how long this can take 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Can’t say how long it will take to get a response. Certainly the fact you changed from a single claimant to a couple should make no difference to when the LCWArA is applied from. The LCWRA decision should apply from September 2021 and the LCWRA element should be payable from January or February depending on exact dates.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope that you don't have to wait too much longer @fana82! I can imagine that having to wait a while for a response would be pretty frustrating. Please do keep us updated.

How have you been finding living with your partner?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• fana82
    fana82 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Tori_scope thank you it has been forever waiting but will keep u guys updated. It has been good with my partner moving in as I struggled with everyday life since he has moved in hes been helpfull with the kids ect. I still have my days were its hard to even get out of bed...
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like your partner is a good source of support for you @fana82 :) 

Yes, please do keep us updated!

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.