If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip appeal adjourned

Options
ZoeH
ZoeH Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my Recent PIP appeal was adjourned for more information from the DWP to be sent in by the 15th of August They haven’t done this and apparently it doesn’t make a difference?  I’m struggling to see what the point in this is if they can just ignore the judge. They also haven’t give me a new date yet for another hearing I can’t even tell me if it will be this year or not any advice would be much appreciated
Regards Zoe

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    Are you sure it was DWP they asked to send more information and not you? 
    You will eventually have another hearing date but how long you will be waiting is anyones guess. Once a date becomes available they will contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 485 Empowering
    Options
    Good afrternoon @ZoeH

At the momment there are significant delays in the DWP failing to send out appeal bundles in the required time period and ignoring tribunal directions to do so. This is an article from 2019 but the situation is the same if not worse.

https://cpag.org.uk/welfare-rights/resources/article/appeals-and-dwp-delays

As poppy says check that you have complied with any directions requiring you to do anything. Have you received the appeal bundle or is there some further document the DWP has been requred to produce.? You could consider asking the Tribunal to list the case not withstanding the DWP has failed to produce the evidence requested.  Is the document something you have requested the DWP to produce or is it something that the DWP has referred to in the bundle but not produced ? If the delay is causing you financial hardship and negatively impacting on your mental health you should explain this too.  It is at the tribunal's discretion whether to list the case in these circumstances.
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Championing
    Options
    Welcome to the community @ZoeH :) Thanks for joining!

This sounds really frustrating. Do you have a representative that's helping you with your tribunal? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• ZoeH
    ZoeH Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi thank you all for your response 
    this was list of requests from the judge.. Directions To miss Harding
    Hey please by first of August 2020 to tell us in writing what DWP decision is that you are appealing against and why it is you think that decision is wrong
    b. when you send us this information please also tell us about the appeals that you mention in your letter of 26 January 2021. Please also tell us whether you contacted the DWP when you receive the decision of October 2018 on March 2019 t
    I’ve had Confirmation that I have received this. It then goes on to say to the DWP by the 1st of August to provide summary of all decisions made since January 2016 why they have made the decisions e.g. planned review or suppression request what decision they made and the reasons for the decisions by the 1st of August 2022 to say what decision they consider this current of appeal relates to by the 15th of August to give the tribunal their comments on whether the tribunal has jurisdiction to consider this appeal by the 15th of August 2022 to give the tribunal all correspondence notes of phone calls and papers that they have and which they have made the 2018 2019 decisions by the 15th of August 2022 to get the tribunal information as to when it was likely that the appearance case will be looked at in regard to the leak process following MM by the 15th of August 2022 to let the tribunal know that at the stage reached at the latest review process . To the tribunal the matter is to be referred to a district tribunal judge after the 15th of August 2022 for a decision to be made as to whether the tribunal has jurisdiction and if appropriate To make the necessary directions for the hearing . I called today nothing has been received from the dwp and they can not tell me anything more 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    Seems like they are also asking you for information too, which you need to send what they've asked for. If you haven't already. Can't give any advice regarding DWP though, sorry.
    You need to get some expert advice from an agency near you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.