If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Job Centre wasting time

Options
SamD1985
SamD1985 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited August 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi,

I have been going to Job Centre meetings for the past couple of months. Every time I show up, they promise to set up a meeting with a disability advisor and the work coaches are confused why I am showing up in person when I shouldn’t. Last time, yet another work coach I saw promised to set up a meeting with an advisor but yet a week later with no updates, I am still being invited in person with no advisor meeting and adjustments in place.

what can I do to end this cycle of broken promises?

thanks.

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try leaving a note on your journal explaining your frustrations first to see what can be put in place, if you feel you are getting ignored you can put a complaint in:

https://makeacomplaint.dwp.gov.uk/
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds really frustrating @SamD1985

Do you feel comfortable leaving a note on your journal?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• SamD1985
    Options
    Tori_Scope said: 

Do you feel comfortable leaving a note on your journal?
    Thank you for your response. I have left 5 notes since that appointment and also called the helpline where I was told a form would be sent but silence prevails.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you reported a medical condition through your account and provided a fit note 

This will start the work capability process off 

Your work coach can switch off any meetings bur they don't always 

Once you have been assessed which takes months if found not fit for work eg lcw you won't need to attend meetings if found lcwra there is additional payment of £354 per month on your uc 
  • SamD1985
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Have you reported a medical condition through your account and provided a fit note 

This will start the work capability process off 

Your work coach can switch off any meetings bur they don't always 
    I have done all you mentioned which makes this even more baffling.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,180 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you been referred for a work capability assessment? Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal and then a few days later you will receive the UC50 form to fill in and return with all your supporting evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.