Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Mal1155! Are people on PIP entitled to a council tax rebate?

Options
Mal1155
Mal1155 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone, I am new to this so please bear with me!!! I am retired and on PIP. I heard on TV this morning that people on PIP are entitled to a council tax rebate. Is this correct please? Thank you so much. xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,384 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, PIP doesn't automatically entitle you to this. Whether you're entitled to council tax reduction will depend on your circumstances. If you don't already claim council tax reduction you can apply for it through your local Authority. https://www.gov.uk/apply-council-tax-reduction

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @Mal1155 and welcome to the community :) How are you today?

Thanks for reaching out with your query yesterday. It might not have been the answer you were hoping for, but I hope our members have been able to straighten things out for you.

If you'd like to have a look around the forum please do feel free, here's a few of the best places to get started:
    • Recent discussions is where you'll find all the latest conversations our members are having
    • The categories page shows all the different topics for discussion
    • The virtual coffee lounge is a place to chat, get to know other members, and play games too
    Let us know if you need a hand with anything further, and we look forward to seeing you around the forum in future.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.