Blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge

Options
Rafiki
Rafiki Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Good evening 
I get pip and yet I have applied for a blue badge 3 time's and been refused. Is there another way round this. Thank you Tracey 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    What PIP award exactly do you have? For automatic entitlement to a BB with a PIP award you need to have scored at least 8 points in the moving around part of mobility.
    Or scored 10 points for activity 1E because you can't undertake any journey the majority of the time for following and planning a journey. If you scored points for any other descriptor for following and planning a journey you won't automatically qualify for the BB.
    You can of course apply and send evidence of when you need the BB if you don't automatically qualify.
    Outside of the automatic criteria, each local Authourity will have their own rules.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • M_1967
    M_1967 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    You can apply separately I think.  I applied for PIP this year but already had a blue badge

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.