Hi, my name is Dianel231! Just been told I am getting limited capability for work

Options
Dianel231
Dianel231 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi just been told I am getting limited capability for work , Ian on universal credit been putting sick line in since October 21 what happens now thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Championing
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

If its lcw then your work commitments will change and you won't have all appt to attend but no extra money you only get extra money and no work commitments If awarded lcwra 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    If the decision is limited capability for work and you disagree with the decision and think you qualify for LCWRA then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dianel231
    Dianel231 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you but what is LCWRA am not working haven’t been for a while but was handing in sick line every month from October last year thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    LCWRA means you'll get extra money from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. It also means you wouldn't have to attend any further appointments or look for any work.
    If your decision was Limited capability for work (LCW) there's no extra money. You won't be expected to look for work but you maybe expected to attend work focused interviews to prepare to work sometime in the future.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I hope the above reply has helped to answer your question @Dianel231, and let us know if there's anything you're still unsure of :)

If you'd like to have a look around the rest of the forum please do feel free, here's a few of the best places to get started:

• Recent discussions is where you'll find all the latest conversations our members are having
    • The categories page shows all the different topics for discussion
    • The virtual coffee lounge is a place to chat, get to know other members, and play games too

I hope this community can act as a place of support for you, and please don't hesitate to reach out of you need anything.

Alex

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.