Hi, my name is natclarke! Is there any help I can get decorating? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is natclarke! Is there any help I can get decorating?

Options
natclarke
natclarke Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,I'm disabled,my legs are the worst and give away and I fall alot, so can't stand on ladders as too dangerous,I also suffer from a heart problem and other organ problems,I have no family around and my grown up children live miles away and cannot afford to come and help,I have really high ceilings,I have lived in my house 24 years nd hardly decorated,I am now living alone,I had a  PE
Which is taking long time to recover from,I also suffer from severe anxiety and looking at my walls is so depressing and the upstairs carpet is thread bare. Is there any help I can get decorating its living room hall way and bedroom need painting including doors and frames,but the kitchen and bathroom are done but can't get anyone to do the rest,please try and help me if u can offer me anything for this work or send someone to do it I will be so happy for my state of mind and enjoying my house,as I cantvreally go out due to anxiety and illness.
Thank you,Natalie 

[Removed by moderator - personal information]

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have submitted a report due to your name, address and phone number showing. This is against the forum rules and will keep your data safe.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @natclarke :) Thank you for joining the community, and for telling us about your challenging situation.

We've had quite a few members post about needing some help with things like painting, decorating, replacing furniture, and so on. 

It can, unfortunately, be reasonably difficult to get support with this kind of work. 

Are you looking for help with paying for this work to be done, or are you just wanting some recommendations on who could do this kind of work? 

Are you receiving any support to help you manage your illnesses, including your anxiety?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.