Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Payment day early

Options
kays2008xx
kays2008xx Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi my son recieves pip and we have recieved a payment today for the exact amount he recieves, yet its not due till tomorrow and also it doesn't have his ni no. Next to it like it normally does. The reference starts with 000000008 an a few other numbers. Anyone else had this happen is it just his payment has gone in a day early? . Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 174 Listener
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Some people did receive benefit payments early due to the sudden bank holiday.  My friend got her ESA yesterday but she due to get paid today. There is a Disability Cost of Living payment of £150 due around now but unlikely to be that.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,143 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be a payment made manually, which is the reason for the numbers next to it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It will be a payment made manually, which is the reason for the numbers next to it.
    Do you think  ESA and PIP will go back to normal BACS by Friday. I'm surprised they did a manual payment for money due on a Thursday. This whole situation is strange, my mate got paid day early but I never on the same benefit.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hopefully it will but i really don't know. My daughters UC is due on Friday, should be 24th but always paid on a Friday when it falls on a weekend.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope it goes back to normal soon. My eldest also gets UC on Friday.
  • kays2008xx
    Options
    Well I've also recently put a claim in for pip for myself as I have cancer and severe panic attacks, but I ruled this out early this morning after calling them as they said no decision has been made and its definitely not from them. I should of asked if it was my sons at the time but didn't think. Now I'm wondering why the hell we've had a manual payment come through.
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2022
    Options
    If it's the exact same amount as his usual PIP payment then this is what it will be. They've very likely realised it hadn't been sent because of the unexpected bank holiday so they paid it today.
    His next payment will be paid as normal, 4 weeks from tomorrow, which will be 20th October. Nothing at all to worry about. It can only be a good thing. If he hadn't received it tomorrow then you would have worried even more.
  • kays2008xx
    Options
    Thanks for the reply that's what I'm thinking too. Will update tomorrow and let you know. Thanks again poppy amd all for the replys. 
  • kays2008xx
    Options
    It was indeed his payment made early. Thanks for your help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the update @kays200xx :) I imagine that's a bit of a relief, as receiving an unexpected payment can sometimes be quite stressful? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.