Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Disability Cost of Living Payment

Options
Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,164 Scope online community team
edited September 2023 in Cost of living

The £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment is due and those eligible can expect to be paid between 20 September and beginning of October 2022. 

Eligibility

You must have received a payment (or later receive a payment) of one of these qualifying benefits for 25 May 2022:

• Attendance Allowance
  • Constant Attendance Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance for adults
  • Disability Living Allowance for children
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Adult Disability Payment (in Scotland)
  • Child Disability Payment (in Scotland)
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment
  • War Pension Mobility Supplement
Note: If you get a qualifying disability benefit from the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and a qualifying disability benefit from DWP, you will get a Disability Cost of Living Payment from DWP only.

Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• Fae
    Fae Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    If multiple members of a household are receiving PIP/DLA/AA will they receive a payment each?

I am an appointee for my mother (who receives AA), and my child (receives DLA) and I receive PIP. Will we receive the payment each or as it is all paid into my account, will we only receive one? 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Fae yes as it's per claim.

All three payments will go into your bank.
  • Fae
    Fae Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Thank you @bg844. You are very kind to take the time to answer me. 
  • bagheera93
    bagheera93 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    I’ve been wondering the same as I claim pip for myself and I receive DLA for my little boy. 
    On checking mh bank this morning I’ve received £150 but without trying to sound greedy I thought I would receive that for each of our claims .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’ve been wondering the same as I claim pip for myself and I receive DLA for my little boy. 
    On checking mh bank this morning I’ve received £150 but without trying to sound greedy I thought I would receive that for each of our claims .

Yes you will each receive it but as you haven't received both at the same time, the other payment will be paid on a different day. They don't pay everyone on the same date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bg844
    Options
    It’s also worth noting that Saturday isn’t a working day and very few banks release payments on a Saturday, mine certainly doesn’t. Your payment may have been sent but might be released Tuesday.
  • bagheera93
    Options
    I’m with Monzo . My payment is due to clear Monday . But I can see it there pending today 
  • bg844
    Options
    Maybe you will see it Monday then for Tuesday, I can’t see payments pending. Once you have received it do come back and let us know as other members are wondering the same as you.
  • bagheera93
    Options
    Sorry don’t think I have explained properly . 
    The payment is due to clear Monday . 
    But if you are with Monzo you can opt to receive the day before (Sunday at 4pm) 
    or wait until it “officially clears” in your account on Monday . 
    You can see pending payment in your account . 
    If anyone else is with Monzo they will understand what I mean. 
    So they payment will be available in my account Monday 
  • bg844
    Options
    I understand, thanks. I was saying when you receive your second £150 cost of living payment come back and let us know as many other members are worried about it. :)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sorry don’t think I have explained properly . 
    The payment is due to clear Monday . 

I think bg844 was talking about the other £150 payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bagheera93
    Options
    I’m with you now  :) shall do 
  • Lovelisa88
    Lovelisa88 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
     I will leave nationwide I’ve not received mine yet
  • poppy123456
    Options

Why would you do that because you haven't receive your money yet? There's very few people who have received it at the moment. You will receive payment anytime up to beginning of October. The Government did announce it would be anytime from 20th September.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,841 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Most people are still to receive it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MissCT8676
    MissCT8676 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    Options
    Hi will I get the £150 if I was waiting for a PIP decision in may? I get the low rate daily living now? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi will I get the £150 if I was waiting for a PIP decision in may? I get the low rate daily living now? 
    If the award you now have had a retrospective start date that was before 25th May you will qualify for £150 payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Mine is in "pending" state in my bank account (HSBC) - to be paid tomorrow (29th).  I don`t know which "algorithm" they use, but my first name starts with "A", my surname with "C", my NI No "W" and my shoes are size 9 :D
  • MissCT8676
    MissCT8676 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    Options
    Yeah I applied in March and it says on my letter from March 22, nice little surprise rrally! Aww fab I’m HSBC and nothing yet lol x
  • Auldyin
    Auldyin Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I got the £150 yesterday, Bought a couple of calor gas bottles with it. The £400 per household will go into my EDF account, lose out on the other payment as I'm on legacy benefits. Have been told since 2015 I'm entitled too income related ESA, But they're keeping me on contribution,the letter states contribution and income.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.