Shared experiences for musical about autism. Have you felt anxious in social situations? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Shared experiences for musical about autism. Have you felt anxious in social situations?

Options
nathangeorge99
nathangeorge99 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited September 2022 in Autism and neurodiversity

For the last few years I have been writing and developing a musical about my experiences of being autistic. I am at the stage of editing the current version, and I really want to know about some other people's experiences to make it as realistic and relatable as possible. Can anyone tell me any examples of times in social situations where they have been irrationally anxious that the other person may be angry with them or mocking them (even though this wasn't the case)?

Additionally, do you have any general times when relationships can be anxiety-inducing because of your autism?

Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.