Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

PiP Awards

Options
painfree
painfree Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I received a text saying I been awarded pip but that's it. I understand there are 2 levels of daily and 2 of mobility.

I never understood the lady on phone and she totally confused me. Is it possible to just receive the lower mobility and that's it. Or to get this lower mobility you need to get the lower daily pip.

The lady at citizens advice was saying I might only get lower mobility no daily but I don't understand that . 

I appreciate any help and advice as this help me better understand when a payment goes through as many say it pay before the letter.

I am just so so happy to be awarded pip because of all the worries.

Thank you for your help 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,366 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes you can be awarded any part of PIP. Some are awarded just the mobility and some are awarded just the daily living, while others are awarded both.
    If its a first time claim any money owed is usually in the bank before the decision letter is received. The decision letter will explain everything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news that you've been awarded PIP @painfree I hope you've been able to enjoy your weekend so far :)

If you need anything else in the meantime let us know.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • painfree
    Options
    I am just worried and on edge they sent me the text by mistake.. Someone told me I should been paid by now so made me worse. Has anyone else had a text and how many days after did receive payment. Why can't they do things simple I hate this
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In this thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/96115/hello-today-i-was-awarded-pip-after-months-of-worry#latest which was on 23rd September, you said you had the text that day. It takes 3-5 working days for money to go into your bank so you wouldn't receive it yet. It will likely be in your bank sometime this week.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • painfree
    Options
    Thank you I got text message on Wednesday just gone. Its me I just worry it is a mistake I am so desperate to work less hours to reduce my pain. Thank you for all the advice
  • chazbaz
    chazbaz Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    How long after assessment for pip do you wait answer from DWP
  • poppy123456
    Options
    chazbaz said:
    How long after assessment for pip do you wait answer from DWP
    Once the report is returned to DWP it takes 2-12 weeks.
  • chazbaz
    chazbaz Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thank you it's just the lady on telephone assessment said you will wait about 4wks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    chazbaz said:
    Thank you it's just the lady on telephone assessment said you will wait about 4wks 
    That very optimistic! They would have no idea of backlogs. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.