Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Working from abroad

Options
katwater51
katwater51 Scope Member Posts: 41 Connected
I’m looking at possible return to work, and I’m thinking I might have to live with family members for support with daily tasks. Unfortunately my family are all abroad. Does anyone know whether it’s possible to work remotely from abroad, does anyone know I have experience HR having allowed this as a reasonable adjustment. Thanks! @janer1967 sorry to tag you again in my search for answers, but if you know anything I’d be really grateful 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It can be possible but will all depend on the company and if they allow it 

Being abroad is very remote working and not always compatible with the company infrastructure and the job you are required to do 

Usually most jobs require some contact in person at some intervals 

Ii did employ somebody once who left the company to go abroad and did some consultancy work for us on few occasions 

Never had a perm employee work remotely from abroad but it does happen 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There may also be some immigration issues as well and whether you would have the right to work in that country I'm not sure how it would work with your employer being a UK company 

May also be some clauses in your contract about work location 
  • katwater51
    katwater51 Scope Member Posts: 41 Connected
    Options
    Thanks @janer1967, that gives me a lot of help. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad it gives you a lot of help @katwater51. Please feel free to let us know if you need any further help.

We are all here for you, even if that's just listening to you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.