£150 Disability payment ( PIP )

Options
User2022
User2022 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited September 2022 in Money and bills
Hi all,

I was wondering if I am eligible for the £150 payment. I was awarded PIP on the 4th August which was backdated from April 28th 2022. I’m confused by this as I have not received any payment as of yet so I’m wondering if I’ll get it or not. Could anyone shed some news on this? 

Thanks 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Yes, you qualify. I expect the payments to those who qualify as a result if backdated awards may be the last to be picked up. If you don’t get the £150 by the end of the first week of October you could report a missing payment 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Options
    I hope calcotti's reply has helped to reassure you @User2022?

Do let us know if you're still unsure of anything :)
  • User2022
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I didn’t think I would have been entitled to anything but happy that I am now. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,926 Championing
    Options
    You are welcome @User2022. It is the very least you deserve.

It sounds like things are positive for you at the moment. However, please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to help, we are all here for you  :)
  • User2022
    Options
    Hi all. Thought I would give an update.. I still have not received the payment of £150 as of yet do you think I should contact someone about this? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    Options
    User2022 said:
    Hi all. Thought I would give an update.. I still have not received the payment of £150 as of yet do you think I should contact someone about this? 
    Wait until the end of this week.
  • User2022
    Options
    Still no got the £150 payment as of yet. I did ring the Dwp and they told me to fill in an online form out and if I don’t hear anything back in 2 weeks I’m to ring them back. Also they did confirm I am entitled to it:
  • megmog00
    megmog00 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    Hi @User2022 I’m in a similar situation. I applied back in April and was approved in August & still haven’t received anything! I’ve filled in the online form but hoping will receive or hear something soon 🤞🏼
  • User2022
    Options
    Aww I’m glad you have had your Pip sorted out and awarded! I was hoping for it to be in this week but looks like another few weeks will have to wait. Hopefully they sort it out soon. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,926 Championing
    Options
    Hopefully, it will be in soon @User2022. How are you finding things at the moment?

I can hear how you were hoping for it to be in this week. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to help, even if that's just listening to you  :)
  • User2022
    Options
    Still no luck in the £150 payment. I did ring DWP the otherday and they said it will take longer than 2 weeks for them to even look at my missed payment form. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,276 Championing
    edited October 2022
    Options
    User2022 said:
    Still no luck in the £150 payment. I did ring DWP the otherday and they said it will take longer than 2 weeks for them to even look at my missed payment form. 

I have no idea how they knew that because PIP are not dealing with the payments. When you ring DWP you are speaking to someone from a call centre, not from DWP itself.
  • User2022
    Options
    That’s what I was thinking. I filled the form in 2 weeks ago gone Thursday and still have not heard anything back yet… I just don’t know what to do if im honest or who to ring. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this @User2022 from reading the forum today it seems you're not the only one who hasn't heard back after a few weeks. 

It's difficult to know what to suggest, because I'm sure a lot of people will want to ring, which will mean a long wait as the phone lines will be busy. I would hope there's an automated message at least or a separate line for CoL enquiries. 

Perhaps if you feel able to, give them a ring on Monday and I hope you'll be able to get some clarity on these delays! 

In the meantime, we're all here if you need to vent :) 

Alex