If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone, waiting for decision but was not asked to attend assessment

Options
brighton115
brighton115 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, 
Bit of a tricky one. i used to recieve pip some time back but then they stopped it because i didn’t return back forms they requested. I’ve reaplied and explained why I didn’t return the forms and being thorough in how my disability affects me. So, that was two months ago. Just on Wednesday I received the text saying they received my report and as a guide I should hear back in 8 weeks. BUT they didn’t ask me to attend an assessment at all they went straight to waiting for a decision. What does this mean??? Is this good or bad????

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will have had a paper based assessment, which means they had enough of information to write the report without the need for an assessment.
    Ive only ever known 1 person to be refused after a paper based assessment.
    Timescales for decisions are between 2-12 weeks. Once it’s made if you’re not happy you can request the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It means that they have decided to prepare a report based on whatever paperwork they have.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @brighton115 :) How's your weekend been? 

As the others have explained, it's possible for them to do a paper-based assessment, which means you don't have to attend an assessment at this stage.

Are you happy with what you included in your forms?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.