Pip text. How long after did the money go into your bank? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip text. How long after did the money go into your bank?

Options
laney07
laney07 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I got a message this morning saying:

” We have awarded you PIP. We have sent you a decision letter explaining the award. Please allow 2 weeks to receive this. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change.”

Please can those who recently received this text tell me how long after did the money go into your bank?
I understand it takes 3-5 working days to clear, but them sending this text, does that mean they’ve paid it and I should be expecting it soon?

this is my first time receiving pip so I’m unsure. Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good news. Usually payment is sent once the decision is made. You can ring PIP to ask what the award is and also ask when you will receive any money owed and they will tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • buntytmw
    buntytmw Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    laney07 said:

” We have awarded you PIP. We have sent you a decision letter explaining the award. Please allow 2 weeks to receive this. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change.”

Please can those who recently received this text tell me how long after did the money go into your bank?
    I understand it takes 3-5 working days to clear, but them sending this text, does that mean they’ve paid it and I should be expecting it soon?

Hi 
    can I ask when your assessment was please ? Good news :)
  • laney07
    Options
    buntytmw said:
    laney07 said:

Hi 
    can I ask when your assessment was please ? Good news :)
    Hey! My assessment was 7th September. 

• laney07
    Options
    Good news. Usually payment is sent once the decision is made. You can ring PIP to ask what the award is and also ask when you will receive any money owed and they will tell you.
    Thank you! 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations on your award @laney07 :) Fingers crossed you'll receive your payment soon!

How are you feeling?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • laney07
    Options
    Congratulations on your award @laney07 :) Fingers crossed you'll receive your payment soon!

How are you feeling?
    Thank you, I hope so! It’ll help out a lot. I’ve been waiting months to get this sorted so I’m glad I have because I don’t know how uc expect us to survive on the basic rates. 
    I feel okay, a bit relieved if anything
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope so too @laney07. It sounds really frustrating that you've been waiting months to get this sorted - a long process! 

Glad to hear you feel okay and a bit relieved if anything. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to help you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • PAULYBOY
    PAULYBOY Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi guys I have been looking at all your amazing feedback for a while but only just now signed up but I have also been through the anxiety about my PIP claim and after all the hard work and heartache I have a txt yesterday saying “We have awarded you PIP” just wondering how long it will take for my back pay or even my first payment to drop as I’m in need at the moment and could do with the money thanks again to everyone on here I have read all your questions and answers and you are all really nice genuine people ❤️ 

Paul.B 
    England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PAULYBOY said:
    Hi guys I have been looking at all your amazing feedback for a while but only just now signed up but I have also been through the anxiety about my PIP claim and after all the hard work and heartache I have a txt yesterday saying “We have awarded you PIP” just wondering how long it will take for my back pay or even my first payment to drop as I’m in need at the moment and could do with the money thanks again to everyone on here I have read all your questions and answers and you are all really nice genuine people ❤️ 

Paul.B 
    England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

It can take 3-5 days for any money owed to go into your bank from the date payment was sent. You will then receive the decision letter and in that it will explain your award, where you scored the points, details of your next payment days and the length of your award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.