If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Fit Note

Options
MartynSinclair2
MartynSinclair2 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi. I have been told to keep getting fit notes until my assessment. .. 
What if the renew date is on a weekend. And once asked for how long do I have to wait for it. As DWP needs to see it.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    Different GPS deal with Fit Notes differently. You need to speak to your GP..
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,287 Championing
    Options
    I always used to request the fit note a couple of days before the existing one ran out.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Empowering
    Options
    I had to send in fit for work notes, I had some issues, while checking they informed me they return any fit for work note they receive, never had a single one returned, anyone else had any returned when sending them in??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,287 Championing
    Options
    I had to send in fit for work notes, I had some issues, while checking they informed me they return any fit for work note they receive, never had a single one returned, anyone else had any returned when sending them in??

I'm not aware of DWP ever returning any fit notes/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Championing
    Options
    I always had mine returned but each job centre will have their own process an idea would be to copy them first and send the copy if they will accept a copy if not send original and you keep copy 
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.