Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Reasonable adjustment enquiry

Options
Rhodes1995
Rhodes1995 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2022 in Work and employment
I’m looking for someone to help me with an issue regarding a reasonable adjustment that my work are trying to revoke .  It’s been in place since July 2020 and it’s to work from home due to my fluctuating anxiety which causes debilitating symptoms and epilepsy. 
So since I’ve been working from home my epilepsy condition of 40 years has improved as has my anxiety symptoms. However I have recently been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea . 
I only work 2 full days a week as before the RA was implemented I dropped hours due to my deteriorating health .
My workplace have said out of the blue that as my job is classed as a front facing role I can no longer work at home . I don’t understand this as the appointments I did before in work I can do over the phone . Not only has my productivity increased since working from home but my health too. I don’t think they understand that this is because the RA is is obviously working !!! I had an OH report completed in Feb 2022 which advised that the RA should be in place indefinitely as I am not fit for an office based role and that by revoking this could cause further anxiety and exacerbate other medical conditions . After I agreed to this OH in Feb 2022 report my manager sent me an e mail to say the RA had been agreed from March 2022. I’m not sure what to do . My manager has been apologetic and he agrees with me that if it was up to him he would allow me to continue but that higher powers are dictating what is to happen . So I need advice on the following . 1. Can a RA be revoked without warning 2. If I had an OH in Feb this year would I need another one to reiterate what they have already advised and finally the thought of going into the office is already causing me dread and I know it’s not an option so I fear they will say I will lose my job if I don’t go back . Any help would be appreciated as I’m not going to cope with this on my own . Thank you 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Yes they can revoke a ra if the have a valid business reason to do so and they are unable to accommodate the adjustment 

As it has been in place already it would suggest they can accommodate 

You should request them to give a reason in writing why it can no longer be in place 

I wouldn't think another oh referral is going to be helpful 

I suggest you get some advice from acas or visit their website 

Lots of info on here as well in the employment section 
  • Rhodes1995
    Rhodes1995 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply . I will take your advice on board and let you know how things go . 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great yes keep us updated 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.