Not with cm yet — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not with cm yet

Options
Ollyoyster
Ollyoyster Community member Posts: 348 Pioneering
I rang up dwp, to ask if there is any updates and my assessment is still not with cm. I have my hcp copy of report, which I disagree with a couple of things.  Dwp said I can write in and say what things Im not happy with before cm gets and makes a decision.,,,, I'm not sure if I will rock the boat or the cm will understand,, I dispute the fact I can not get dressed without the use of a chair or bed, as it is unsafe, any thorts,,, I've drafted up a letter but I'm not sure whether to send it,,, I have been 100 per cent truthful in saying about my needs,  any thorts pls x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,639 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no harm in sending in extra information now but it may take a couple of weeks for them to receive it. A bed and chair are not classed as an aid for dressing/undressing, as advised on your other thread.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks poppy,, I've also disputed the length walking distance, 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Ollyoyster. It is the very least you deserve.

How has disputing the length walking distance gone for you? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    I'm just waiting for the letter then I'll apply for MR,, I got my decision over phone, so I should get letter tomorrow x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It could take up to a couple of weeks to receive the decision letter. You can start writing the MR letter now, just incase it takes a while to receive the decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    Good idea,, and I will use real life examples as you suggested,   for each of the activities.  I have started and filled 2 a4 pages,, but not included any examples yet.  I'll have another go tomorrow. Many thanks for advice as always x 
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    Ps.. Would getting dressed example be sufficient if I explain again about if knee buckles I will fall,, I cant dress safely otherwise,, I'm not sure what kind of example to actually use for this, ??  
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's a good example @Ollyoyster because it's what you need to do each time you get dressed- just explain what you do to avoid your knee buckling. 

In other words, what do you do specifically to stay safe while getting dressed?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ps.. Would getting dressed example be sufficient if I explain again about if knee buckles I will fall,, I cant dress safely otherwise,, I'm not sure what kind of example to actually use for this, ??  

The only issue i see here is the word "if." to not be able to complete an activity because of XYZ  is not a real world example, this is an assertion and these will not help your claim. 
    What is a real world example is telling them exactly what happened the last time you did actually fall. Did you hurt yourself, if so where? how exactly did you fall and what exactly happened, did anyone see it?
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    OK I'm with you now,  yes I can recall a couple of times.  Brilliant you have inspired me,  and about the I can apparently walk 50 to 200 metres. I can't once I go bendy,  the pain is off the scale. Shall I just give an example of when I have been out to shops for example and its happened and I have to stop,   I wish I could film it, from the inside and out, its so hard to describe, what about if I take photos when it swells or is that not really good? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You should give at least 2 examples for each descriptor that applies. For the moving around part then yes just do what you suggested above. Photos and videos are not needed.
    The photos could really be of anyone (im not saying it isn't you)  the same for videos, they won't be helpful because they won't be able to view them.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    Thank you,  I will attempt today x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    You are welcome @Ollyoyster. It is the very least you deserve.

Have you been able to yet and, if so, would you like to tell us more about how it has gone for you so far?

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    @L_Volunteer hia, sent it off today🙄😳,,, I added examples as advised, and stuck to my guns... I rang up and told them I am doing a MR and sending letter in with my disagreements. She said it will take about 8 weeks for an answer,, so here we go again on the waiting train,, I think I will just try and forget about it now,, I got too stressed last time waiting for an answer,,, it is what it is,, can't do anymore stress x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That 8 weeks you were told can be up to 12 weeks.
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks for heads up, I don't expect for it to change, as the rates aren't high etc,, tribunal in new year probably 😕
  • L_Volunteer
    Options

@Ollyoyster – Well done for sending it off, adding examples as advised, and most importantly, sticking to your guns.

How are you feeling about the 8-week wait at the moment? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us.

I can hear that trying to forget about it might help you. Is there anything, in particular, that would support you with this?

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)

• Ollyoyster
    Options
    @L_Volunteer hia, sitting tightly😂,,, I really don't think going off the results shown on here I'll get very far but hey ho. I still think I'm justifies in what I said, I wasn't rude in the slightest, I simply asked them to kindly reconsider x y z and gave examples and filled the whole pages. Straight to the point, pointing out it is dangerous, therefore not safe in one element. So we'll see. Thanks for support, I'll keep you informed, incase anyone wants time scale to refer to in the future xx
  • Ollyoyster
    Options
    15th November 2022 I sent off for MR,, just to help with time lines for anyone xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.