Hi, my name is gugu123! got a notice to vacate the property — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is gugu123! got a notice to vacate the property

Options
gugu123
gugu123 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi I am gugu123

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gugu123. Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?

Would you like to begin by telling us a little more about your motivations for joining Scope's forum? It is always great to get to know our community members a little bit better. 

It will hopefully also enable us to signpost you to areas of the forum you might find particularly useful or interesting.

Take care for now and we will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • gugu123
    Options
    Hi, thank you for welcoming and adding me. I am a mother of six children two of them are disabled and my husband is disabled too. I also have health problems. Looking for accommodation solution as got a notice to vacate the property. Don't know what to do
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @gugu123 thank you for explaining that's very helpful, can you tell me a bit more about your housing situation, just so that I understand fully? 

Are you living in mortgaged or rented accommodation, or somewhere supported by the housing association? And are you living in England? 

Have you spoken to your local authority about your situation at all? 

If you'd prefer to speak to someone about everything, you're also welcome to call the Scope Helpline to speak to one of our advisers.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • gugu123
    Options
    I live in IG6 Redbridge. We are private tenant. Yes I contacted the council but they can't help till we are homeless and with all disabilities we can't go through the level of stress being first on the road to wait for help. I need to sort it out before. We are eight members and due to disabilities dependant on each other so can't split the family.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you're in this situation @gugu123.

What did the notice say, in terms of why you're being asked to vacate the property?

How long have you been given to vacate the property? 

I'd encourage you to contact Shelter about this, as they should be able to advise you on your rights.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • gugu123
    Options
    Thank you so much, does scop help disabled family to find an accomodation please?
  • gugu123
    Options
    The landlord says his sister wants to live in this house, I don't know but it was a one year contract so sent a WhatsApp message to vacate till 7 th of January. And will issue an official notice today 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Scope don't really have tye capacity to help you find somewhere to live just to sign post you to the right places 

As above shelter would be the best place to contact and the housing team 

Once you have your notice the council may take more action . You can also look for new private rented properties 

Sorry you are in this situation and understand your concern 
  • gugu123
    Options
    Does scope help with furniture?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry no this is just an online community that gives advice and support to help people by sharing experience and knowledge and making friends 

There are sometimes local charities that have very low cost household items and furniture for those starting up 

You need to find a property first as it may be furnished 
  • gugu123
    Options
    Ok thank you so much I am going to shelter website to get some tips
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @gugu123. How have you found Shelter's website's tips?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • gugu123
    Options
    Thank you so much, through Shelter I got signed in letting a property website where the landlords accept DSS, but there are only some few houses and no landlord has replied me though I check everyday. Don't know what to do
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once you get the notice til vacate I would then go back to the council.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds promising @gugu123! I'm glad Shelter have been able to help. I hope that one of the landlords gets back to you soon. 

Have you had an assessment from an occupational therapist?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • gugu123
    Options
    Occupational therapist?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.