Hi, my name is HOLLP52! How can I contact PIP by email

Options
HOLLP52
HOLLP52 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
PIP issue, I am a tourist in the Philippines. My UK bank very kindly closed my UK bank. As you can imagine this is causing big problems. So no money for 2/52, I have the grand sum of approx 5 pounds left.
I have tried on several occasions to contact PIP all that happens is the line drops. I suffer from Vascular Dementia and Anxiety. So find it hard enough using the phone . Can you help me with this, how can I contact them by email.
HOLLP52

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,312 Championing
    Options
    First you need to contact your bank, it's pointless contacting PIP before because they won't be able to pay you the PIP without a bank account because you are not in the UK. Are you alone or with someone?
    If you're with someone do they have a bank account? if so then PIP maybe able to pay your money into their account.
    However, PIP will not release the money until the payment they sent is returned back to them.
    DWP email address here. correspondence@dwp.gov.uk. You need to make sure you put your name and NI number and what benefit it's related to. Don't expect a reply anytime soon because they aren't good at replying.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 174 Listener
    Options
    Why did they close your account?? It strange thing to do without a reason. 
  • HOLLP52
    HOLLP52 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I have been away from the UK for 6 months. I kept my bank in the loop. Even explained I am still a tourist out here. They said that their is some 6 month rule saying if you are out of the country for that long they can give 60 days notice to close. I contested this and was fine. As I am still a tourist my bank could keep it open. 27/10/2022 I phoned them about something. They told me they could not help as my account had been closed. I pleased for a 30 day extension, they said no. So I am over 110000 miles away from the UK no bank account, no Pensions and approx 5 pounds in my wallet. Help no help, I have Vascular Dementia so cannot logically work things out. Didn't deserve this from a reasonably well known UK bank. Not putting full name of it tm. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Options
    @HOLLP52 Then you are committing benefit fraud as PIP stops after 13 weeks of you being out of the country unless it’s for medical purposes which are complicated and completely separate.
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Have you reported the changes to PIP? If you haven’t then you need to do that. You will have an overpayment that will need to be repaid back.
    there may also be a fine on top for not reporting the changes.
    Are you currently claiming any other benefits?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wow your committing fraud, you can't be out the country for that long without telling DWP
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Options
    I was thinking that there would be no entitlement to pip but didn't want to say in case I was wrong 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    I was thinking that there would be no entitlement to pip but didn't want to say in case I was wrong 

When i made my first comment the OP didn't mention being out of the country for 6 months.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Options
    @poppy123456 it took the clue in first post when op said they hadn't had any money for 2/52 that it was a longer term travel 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    @poppy123456 it took the clue in first post when op said they hadn't had any money for 2/52 that it was a longer term travel 

Ah, i seen that but thought it was a typo so didn't question it but i should have.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I don't actually think OP realised there should be no entitlement to PIP..I don't think it was deliberate, just ignorance of the rules.