Pip award text — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award text

Options
katiebradyyyy
katiebradyyyy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
My partner got a text saying he was awarded pip on Monday morning. How long till he gets his back payment ? 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    3-5 working days after so potentially tomorrow or Friday.
  • shichon
    shichon Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    @katiebradyyyy how long did it take x 
  • sueh1966
    sueh1966 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    It took 10 days for my back payment 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    sueh1966 said:
    It took 10 days for my back payment 

Was that after a DWP award or after a Tribunal award? 10 days after awarded by a Tribunal is exceptionally quick to receive the money they owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sueh1966
    sueh1966 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    It was after a dwp award
  • shichon
    Options
    sueh1966 said:
    It was after a dwp award
    Thanks x
  • katiebradyyyy
    katiebradyyyy Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    shichon said:
    He got text Monday money was paid on Thursday x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    shichon said:

This thread is about a PIP award from DWP and not a Tribunal. This means that the waiting times for money owed to be paid will be completely different. You were awarded by a Tribunal and as i advised you on another thread it can take anything up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Payment after tribunal award takes longer as dwp have the right to appeal the decision as does the.claimant 

Even though they very rarely do this they have 4 weeks to do so which means they don't usually look at putting payment into place till after this time which is why it takes around 8 weeks in total 
  • shichon
    Options
    shichon said:

This thread is about a PIP award from DWP and not a Tribunal. This means that the waiting times for money owed to be paid will be completely different. You were awarded by a Tribunal and as i advised you on another thread it can take anything up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    shichon said:
    shichon said:

You asked katiebraddy how long it took to receive the money they were owed but she was awarded by DWP. You were awarded by a Tribunal. It always takes longer to receive any money owed when awarded by a Tribunal.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.