Help just had a random call from desision maker — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help just had a random call from desision maker

Options
Natalee
Natalee Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello again my name's Nat I'm currently going through a new claim for PIP started the claim in march     2022 had my assment in October    2022. I've just received a phone call from DWP saying first that I would have a lump sum of money in my account and would I be ok with that then for him to say he would be making the decision in the next 10 minutes and that to ring back on Wednesday to see what the decision will be and that they will could send out the form if I needed to do a mandatory reconsideration? I'm so confused.... Abit about my background I suffer with EUPD, complex PTSD and have been Referred for ADHD testing I also suffer with chronic back pain with flare ups and take pain medication and also medication for mental health. Has anyone else had a phone call like this and what was the outcome thank you so much x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Usually when they ask if you can manage a lump sum of money then this does indicate there could be an award. However, you will need to wait for the decision to made. You can either wait for them to contact you or you can ring back in a couple of days to ask if the decisions been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Natalee
    Natalee Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much it's a rollercoaster ride. I'll keep you posted x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Natalee. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.