If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Top up voucher. Can I split it between the two providers?

Options
grosc
grosc Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2022 in Cost of living
Hello I received my voucher from Scottish power and my Gas is British gas can i split the voucher between the two ? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @grosc :) Thank you for joining us!

I'm not too familiar with this voucher, but I'm sure another member will be able to answer your question soon enough.

What format has the voucher come in?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • grosc
    Options
    It was the second paper voucher from Scottish power I had no problem at the post office with the first one they split it between S/p and B/Gas this time the post office said they can only put whole voucher to S/power
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you were with the same supplier for both then i would say it shouldn't be an issue. As it's a different provider then it may not be possible. I can't find anything that suggests otherwise.
    Is it possible that S/P realised what people were doing and then put a stop to it?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • grosc
    Options
    Thank you for the response Poppy i suspect your right but i thought it came from the government and not S/power
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The Government are not responsible for administering the rebate, energy suppliers do this.
    The £400 discount, administered by energy suppliers, will be paid to consumers over 6 months with payments starting from October 2022, to ensure households receive financial support throughout the winter months.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.