Is Contributions ESA included in the 10.1% rise please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is Contributions ESA included in the 10.1% rise please

emc123
emc123 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
edited November 2022 in Cost of living
Hi is Contributions ESA included in the 10.1% rise please x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,169 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, all working age benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emc123
    emc123 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
  • gjw59help
    gjw59help Community member Posts: 68 Courageous
    Is there proof anywhere to see if your answer is correct as any previous help was for Means Tested Benefits?
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2022
    gjw59help said:
    Is there proof anywhere to see if your answer is correct as any previous help was for Means Tested Benefits?
    Working age benefits, which means New style ESA/JSA/contributions based ESA/JSA and all other benefits. Just the same as increases in April but next year the increase is more.

Working age benefits will rise by 10.1%, boosting the finances of millions of the poorest people in the UK, and the Triple Lock will be protected, meaning pensioners will also get a rise in the State Pension and the Pension Credit in line with inflation.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gjw59help
    I have read the link but it just says"working age benefits" not "contribution based" so still holding my breath!
  • poppy123456
    gjw59help said:
    I have read the link but it just says"working age benefits" not "contribution based" so still holding my breath!

Contributions based/New style benefits are both working age benefits. You certainly wouldn't claim any of those if you're State Pension age and above.
  • gjw59help
    Poppy,I am 63 and claiming ESA CB ESA in the Support Group for your information and my wife is on Basic State Pension
  • poppy123456
    Yes i remember you from your other threads. As i advised, all working age benefits/state pension and pension credit will get the 10.1% increase.
  • gjw59help
    I hope it happens,thanks for replying.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it happens too @gjw59help. Good luck!

Please let us know how it goes. Similarly, please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @emc123. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.