PIP cooking and preparing meals — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP cooking and preparing meals

Options
Tina12
Tina12 Community member Posts: 171 Pioneering
Well hi everyone,
I was just reading back on my pip final failed decision and how they lied about what I said.
She said that I said I am able to chop vegetables which I never said at all .I actually said i can do tea and coffee on a good day and throwing some toast in the toaster but that's about it my mum does all the cooked meals for me now.. and I got 0 points for that ..🤔

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you filled out the form did you write in full detail why you're unable to prepare a simple meal? Just telling them you can't do it won't score any points, you need to fully explain why. What actually happened the last time you attempted to do this, did anyone see it, where were you, were there any consequences. You should give at least 2 real world incidents per descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tina12
    Options
    I said the same as I told the assessor..and that I get brain fog and anxiety 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's not enough of information at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    For this question I put that most times I have to sit down to chop fresh food.  The problem I have with sitting down and chopping food is I don`t have very good knife skills (as opposed to standing up - where my knife skills are very good) and because of this I`ve cut myself a few times. One time whilst sitting down and trying to use the knife as I do when I`m stood up I took the tip off my left index finger.
    I put this in my PIP2.
    It helped me to get enhanced daily living.
  • Tina12
    Options
    Thankyou cartini 😊

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.