Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Lcwra first payment

Options
Jenkins2015
Jenkins2015 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Lcwra advice. When will I get my first payment? Am I owed any back pay please.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You'll need to provide more information for anybody to be able to advise.
    When are your UC assessment periods and when did you first report your health condition followed by continuous Fit Notes?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Jenkins2015
    Options
    Hi sorry my assessment periods
    20 July to 19 August 2022
    20 August to 19 September 2022
    20 September to 19 October 2022
    My payment date is 26th each month.
    First fit note 19th july 2022 and I've and I've provided them continuously since then.
    I had letter today 22nd Nov 2022 saying I've been awarded lcwra thanks.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    LCWRA is paid for the fourth complete period after you report the health condition.

You should therefore be paid the LCWRA element for October to November which is your 26th November payment. If the decision has only just been made it may not be picked up for that payment. Check your statement as soon as it is available and if LCWRA element is not included raise a payment query through your journal.

Above assumes that you are not claiming with a partner who already receives the LCWRA element (in which case you cannot get it also).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Jenkins2015
    Options
    Yes I had my statement yesterday and it's not showing on there and no I don't have a partner. Thank-you for your help I'll raise a payment query thanks.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds really frustrating @Jenkins2015. Hopefully, it will show up soon. 

Have you managed to raise a payment query yet? If so, I am just wondering if you would like to tell us a little more about how this has gone for you.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you with this. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.