Over medicated — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Over medicated

Options
just4once
just4once Scope Member Posts: 87 Courageous
I know I am being over medicated and have tried to raise this to no avail meds just keep increasing which I refuse to take as the side effects are terrible aka sleeping 20 hours a day and foggy ect what else can I do to get more holistic treatment instead of being doped up to the eye balls 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds really difficult @just4once. You deserve to have a voice and be listened to if you feel you are being over-medicated with terrible side effects.

Can I ask who you have tried talking to about this and who, in particular, has been prescribing you these medications? 

We, unfortunately, can't provide medical advice. However, we can listen to you and make sure you don't have to face this alone if you don't want to.

You have mentioned wanting more holistic treatment. Please can we ask what holistic treatment looks like for you at the moment?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you. Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • just4once
    Options
    Thank you for responding the mental health teams don’t quite know what to do with me just pass me back and forth except for one session of scema therapy and even the therapist a very nice  lady could not understand why I assigned to her as I have great insight to what has happened ie cause and effects sent back to team for them to have further 
    Despite NICE guidelines my gp has had my on 5mg of diazepam daily four the last four years recently upped the dosage after I asked to be referred to aspeciist about my shoulder pain on top of these I am meant to take 90 mg of fluxoatine days plus they have tried all the different sleeping pill from zopiclone to now two amatriplain 
    never had any problems getting to sleep ever so fail to see the logic in comatose me 22 hours a day hence why I refuse to take the majority of them common sense and self preservation 
    Holistic therapy’s 
    aromatherapy massage 
    water therapy sounds Mother Nature 
    talking and listening 
    mucic dancing art 
    and anything to release anger is a positive way 

• just4once
    Options
    Also all so called professionals have been informed 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @just4once. It is the very least you deserve. 

It really isn't fair on you to have to be passed back and forth. However, I recognise that's too often the system people are within. 

Glad you have at least managed to meet one nice lady. Even if neither of you could understand why you had been assigned to her with your great insight. 

Let's hope you receive what you need and deserve soon. In the meantime, we are always here for you to support you and listen to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • just4once
    Options
    Just thought I would share the update I Still have freezer bag full of meds despite professional people been shown them not one of them has had the thought of would you like us to take them to chemist to dispose of safely talk about lack of public duty of care still no trauma therapy whatsoever I am getting a home visit medication review this week but at this stage hold little hope being honest no tablet is going to fix injustice and anger alone but they are prepared to waste money and resources not listening and make money dishing out more pills even though it’s against Nice guidelines this nonsense must stop as it’s doing more harm than good 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @just4once thanks for the update, I'd definitely make a point of asking where to safely dispose of the meds when someone comes for your home visit. 

If you're struggling to manage your medication it's important that you can speak to your GP about it, so hopefully the review this week will be a good time to explain how you're feeling. 

If you need any additional support, please do let us know.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • just4once
    Options
    Thank you for being there feeling ok but glad of the support I 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.