Hi, my name is icecream! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is icecream!

Options
icecream
icecream Community member Posts: 14 Connected
HI kind people, im very new to all this so please bear with me . i currently claim PIP and recently filled in a review form in ( im diagnosed with D.I.D, serve clinical depression , ptsd , and borderline personality disorder ) i received a reply stating , i had to go for a assessment , (on my form i asked for a home visit) i phoned up and said i couldnt make the appointment , told the lady why , who stated that i didnt have a terminal illness so therefore couldnt have a home visit after i raised my voice in somewhat anger she put the phone down on me, i phoned my cpn and was told she is on holiday and no one else at my local mht could help i phoned my therapist up who to was on holiday, after crying and panicking , i phoned again only to speak to a lovely lady who was kind and helpful, i told her why i couldnt make the appointment which is i carnt promise not to hurt the person or my self ( i self harm very badly ) which she then said thats why u carnt have a home visit no one would come because of the threat of being hurt or hurting myself , she said they would make some calls a see if they could do it over the phone??they phoned my therapist who then told them about my illness ,, my therapist emailed me to let me know what had gone on ?? i have just got a letter back telling me they are now asking for further info from people involved in my care ,, my question after all this is WHAT HAPPENS NEXT??? i wish they would just leave us alone ??

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello icecream and welcome

From what you have written it look like the DWP/ AP are trying to gather sufficient information/evidence to enable them to make a decision  without you having a f2f

I you need any other help please ask away and one of our member will try and help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • icecream
    Options
    thank you CR ? I JUST PANIC  at the sight of formal letters and thanks again

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem, we are here to help if we can  :)

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @icecream welcome to the community, Im glad you got to speak to someone nice.  It does sound like they're trying to help.  

Let us know how you get on
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • icecream
    Options
    hi thanks sam , i will let u know how we get on ta?

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @icecream

I love the name & a very big welcome to you to our online community.

I do hope that you will get sorted, please please let us know if we can help & support you in anyway????

We are all here to help & support each other so please please jump in?????
  • icecream
    Options
    hi thanks steve 51, such a warm friendly place?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @icecream

It's no problem at all, please please let me know if I can help you in anyway.

We are all here to "help & support" each other.
  • icecream
    Options
    hi people why do they have to make u feel like your a fake,, received another letter today telling me that i still have to go for an assessment , i had letter dated the 29th stating they were looking in to my claim they had contact with my therapist who told them all they needed to know about me and alters and the impact this ason my day to day exsistance, and to day i recieved another letter dated 30th that i still need to see someone , they havnt sent a date yet but when i phoned and spoke to someone they told me i was to high risk to have it at home, to which i stated that it was a just as high risk that i will either hurt me and us , or someone else , so its ok for me to go through all the danger and risk to my self but not for them, im angry and upset because i know im will hurt myself  ,, im losing the will to carry on ?? but thanks for any advice ??

Brightness