Hi, my name is Emma_Parnell! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Emma_Parnell!

Emma_Parnell
Emma_Parnell Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I live on my own and have done for fourteen years. I have Cerebral Palsy I am extremely heartbreakingly lonely and I struggle so much  .My mother works full time in a care home and my Dad passed away when I was 14. I have cone here for support and advice 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Emma_Parnell

A very very big welcome to you this evening.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are currently struggling.

I had to take early retirement a few years ago so I do spend all day at home on my own once everyone has gone to work and colledge.

Mind you I have got a cat who comes & go's just as bad.

They think I have gone barmy now as I sit talking to the cat.

I keep telling them I went barmy years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    edited November 2017

Hi @Emma_Parnell

Welcome!  

I’m really pleased that you have been able to reach out to the other people that are part of this community.

I hear what you are saying about being lonely and wonder what the barriers are to you being able to ease your isolation? Perhaps with the right support and opportunities your situation could improve? If you want to discuss what is going on for you I’m sure there are people on here that would be happy to make suggestions.

Alternatively, you could seek information from the Scope Helpline: helpline@scope.org.uk or call 0808 800 3333

Best Wishes

Jean

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Emma_Parnell welcome to the community :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness